Supervisor of Pharmacy Supply Chain
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Supervisor of Supply Chain to join our award-winning specialty pharmacy team.
About Ardon Health
At Ardon, we are passionate about our mission to inspire people and improve lives through the delivery of high-quality, compassionate healthcare services. Our innovative work environment in Portland, Oregon, centers around uplifting collaboration with our employees as we care for patients. Our commitment to cultivating talent and fostering growth within our organization keeps Ardon ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon.
*Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian in 2021 and 2022*
Our specialty pharmacy
Our state-of-the-art specialty pharmacy provides medications that are often used to treat complex or rare conditions. We deliver services to enhance the patient experience within the comfort of their home. We remove barriers to care and provide patients with the education, clinical care and supportive services they need on their treatment journey. We work to build trusted relationships and to be a resource where patients can turn for help.
What it’s like to work with our team
Our progressive work environment embodies the notion that life is meant to be shared and lived well, through hard work, compassion, and camaraderie. Together, we enjoy team meals and celebrate events and company milestones. Employees like to relax in our lounge equipped with amenities that promote wellness and fun. We volunteer to support patient advocacy organizations within our community. Our employee-run DEI Group is dedicated to diversity and inclusion.
To learn more about our team and what we do, watch our video at https://vimeo.com/320864889.
Do you want a dynamic career opportunity where you can make a difference? Explore the potential of your pharmacy experience in an elevated role.
We are recruiting a Supervisor of Supply Chain to join our team of health care professionals. As a Supervisor of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for managing the drug procurement process and general procurement strategies for Ardon Health.
This position will develop and manage Ardon’s internal purchasing protocols for drugs, establish and maintain existing supplier relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), negotiate terms and conditions, and continuously support clinical and operational staff in achieving quality services.
This role will help execute and implement effective drug procurement & inventory strategies. Additionally, the SSC will lead initiatives for indirect goods and services. The SSC will develop short-term and long-term strategies that align with the Ardon goals for meeting financial expectations and serving patients. The SSC will manage vendor relationships and seeking new product innovations. The SSC will ensure the compliance of purchasing activities with contracted GPO, manufacturer, and wholesaler partners.
The SSC must be reliable, entrepreneurial thinking, a team player, and collaborative. The position requires flexible problem solving and collaboration with other departments in order to adapt to a fast-paced, high-complexity pharmacy environment.
Job type: Full-time
Pay range: $77,700-$97,100 annually depending on experience.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible PTO and paid company holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Manages processes to optimize sourcing channel performance and structure for drug purchases.
- Works with Ardon’s financial analyst to develop and report pertinent Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) for drug and other procurement strategies, and relevant vendor management activities.
- Manages strategies that enhance drug wholesaler, GPO, and other vendor relationships.
- Coordinates contract negotiations with vendors to ensure best price and service.
- Implements and maintains contract monitoring and administration practices to ensure compliance and maximize savings opportunities.
- Implements and maintains inventory management monitoring and administration practices to ensure compliance and maximize savings opportunities.
- Manages inventory team members to support organizational goals and operations.
- Supports supply chain team members with appropriate training and guidance.
- Leads in the GPO/drug wholesaler selection process by providing cost analysis and identifying additional opportunities within the GPO or wholesaler.
- Uses current drug spend information/data to identify sourcing/inventory projects and develops an annual cost reduction plan.
- Maintains market evaluation of drug pricing fluctuations for targeted purchasing opportunities.
- Tracks rebate programs offered through GPO/wholesaler/manufacturer contracts and ensures the program is meeting the requirements to obtain rebates.
- Maintains vendor relationships and open lines of communication regarding concerns with pricing or customer service.
- Coordinate’s shortage lists to proactively order medications and/or supplies with minimal disruption to our patients.
- Leads the monitoring of generic drug launches to proactively coordinate budget impact estimates with the Finance & Accounting team.
- Coordinates with pharmacy operations to minimize clinical impacts of procurement changes.
- Manages action plans and alternative options for medications that are experiencing a critical shortage.
- Performs cost and reimbursement analysis to determine target product categories that would maximize economics.
- Works with financial analytics team to ensure we are obtaining reimbursement that will maximize margin for medications.
- Coordinates drug pricing acquisition and profitability solutions to be used in forecast estimations.
- Represents the company at relevant conferences and expositions as determined by leadership.
- Works with all stakeholders to establish service expectations.
- Actively participates and provides support as needed to leadership and quality program staff to ensure activities related to the company’s quality management program and quality improvement activities maintain priority focus and are effectively executed. This may include but is not limited to activities that promote objective and systematic measurement, monitoring, and evaluation of services and defined Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs) that may result from such efforts.
- Complies with the company’s Human Resources policies, Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and all department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company, employee, and customer information; attending work punctually and regularly; and adhering to good safety practices in all activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education and experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years’ experience working in pharmacy procurement and/or drug purchasing role.
- Extensive experience with drug purchasing, wholesalers, GPO’s, and inventory management.
- Experience leading RFP’s and different initiatives with supply chain & shipping vendors.
- Experience working with all management levels.
- Experience leading and developing procurement team members.
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and professional procurement best practices.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Physical and mental functions and activities
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform broad purchasing duties requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to express oneself, detect, perceive, observe, and assess information exchanged in a variety of communication methods.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with computer applications.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Working conditions
- Work is performed primarily at a desk, with extensive keyboard and computer work. Work may involve moving of packaging, boxes, and items from different areas within the warehouse weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment is onsite and remote based on business and organizational needs.
- Business needs may occasionally require work in excess of 40 hours per week, including work outside of standard work week.
- Contact with others:
- Internally with Ardon employees across multiple departments.
- Externally with pharmaceutical manufacturers, GPOs, wholesalers, business partners, vendors, and pharmacists.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a team setting.
- Proficiency in standard workplace software and/or information management applications.
- Prior experience working in a pharmacy or healthcare setting.
- Ability to navigate computer applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefit investigation, prior authorization support, and patient financial assistance connection.
- Prior experience working with physicians, nurses, or other healthcare professionals.
Ardon Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual identification or orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.