Supply Chain Management Specialist
Supply Chain Management Specialist
6 days ago(8/21/2023 8:48 AM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 2,000 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities.www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Supply Chain Management Specialist is a member of Property & Procurement, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager supporting the supply chain needs of the program offices. The primary responsibilities include navigating a complex supply chain to support the program needs and business strategies while building strong supplier relationships to ensure right quality, and quantity of goods are purchased at minimum cost for Draper’s program teams. This role is focused on reducing risk by identifying and mitigating potential supplier issues including single sourced materials, potential shortages, and monitoring supply chain trends. This is a remote opportunity.
- Participates in product development cycle in partnership with design engineering from concept stage through production pilot for mass production.
- Proactively works collaboratively with internal program teams, quality, contracts, and other functional areas to understand unique supply chain needs to support customer, program, and commodity strategies.
- Source and evaluate supplier quotes, select, and recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality, service, and most competitive solution.
- Work closely with the program offices, quality and the larger procurement team and act as the primary point of contact for program specific suppliers.
- Facilitates supplier business relationships, requirements and performance to contractual obligations and expectations.
- Works closely with the program teams during the proposal phase to support supply chain and contractual requirements and compliance.
- Works closely with the program team and quality in the development of the Bill of Materials (BOM), to include supplier sourcing and obtaining the necessary documentation to ensure compliance and advise on material selection based on supplier performance and risk assessments.
- Works closely with the supplier management team in completing comprehensive supplier due diligence to ensure compliance.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes that may impact supply chain risk management practices.
- Manages respective PO data, maintenance in MRP/ERP environment, and works in partnership with AP to resolve invoice/payment discrepancies.
- Acts as liaison with material master, vendor management and accounts payable to ensure data integrity of purchased components, suppliers and payment terms in ERP system.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes.
- Monitors, tracks, and updates order status and is the primary contact to support NPI.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with program suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance.
- Works closely with Manager to create and implement cost avoidance strategies to ensure the best value for Draper.
- Identify risks and works closely with manager to negotiates strategic supplier agreements.
- Other supply chain related tasks as necessary to include, but not limited to, logistics and inventory support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or related field plus 3-5 years of relevant experience in a supply chain role.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Requires strong written, oral, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, and word applications.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS acquisition requirements and related clauses.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and in a team environment.