Intern: Supply Chain & Logistics (Spring 2024)
Mack Trucks launched the all-new Mack® MD Series of medium-duty trucks, adding to its already robust product lineup to reach new customers and applications. Serial production of the Mack MD Series began in September 2020. We have a lot of new opportunities and are adding to our already successful and dynamic team!
The purpose of this internship as an Supply Chain - Logistics Intern is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
- Design internal and external logistics processes that utilize lean manufacturing concepts
- Define strategies to optimize procedures, minimize wastes, and decrease logistics costs
- Implement future material handling flows and all supporting physical and electronic processes and documentation
- Create process standardizations, operator expectations, material disbursement routes, and related KPI/PIs supporting Material Availability at Point of Use
- Strong data purification and analysis skills; must be able to make data driven decisions and influence
- Define and execute station standards to comply with internal flow strategies
- Have an understanding of packaging structure, inventory volumes, and how it impacts supply chain and material handling
- Help create a facility that is founded on a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) station layout with just-in-time deliveries, and a two-bin systems
- Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
- Advanced skill in Office 365 tools including Microsoft cloud services.
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Thrives in a team-based environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Preferred Degrees- Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, or Business.
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Spring interns may work up to 30 hours during the semester
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!