Specialist Solutions Architect, AWS Supply Chain
Do you enjoy deconstructing complex systems to see how each component works? Do you think about how you could use artificial intelligence and machine learning to optimize an entire Supply Chain and its various components, which may include Demand/Supply Planning, Inventory Planning, and Analytics? Then come work for us!
As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you will continuously sharpen your knowledge around business processes optimization and will use your domain knowledge to help customers solve their most complex and strategic operational challenges through the use of AWS Business Applications.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer. You will articulate customer needs by synthesizing your observations from customer engagements and market trends around business processes optimization to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
You will evangelize and educate about AWS applications and industry trends in the business optimization space using public speaking and content engagements like workshops, user group meetings, online videos, and conferences. In support of these activities you will lead the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content (e.g. white papers, blog posts), and reference architectures.
If you like talking about about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate with business stakeholders across multiple Lines of Business areas such as operations, planning, finance, and marketing on value-based process improvement discussions in addition to engaging data science and IT organizations internally and externally
* Design working prototypes, reference examples, proofs of concept that make the best use of AWS offerings.
* Personalization of demos to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
* Produce and validate reference architecture implementations and blog posts to evangelize design patterns and best practices for applying business process optimization to help customers in different vertical segments like consumer packaged goods, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and life sciences.
* Act as a technical liaison between customers and the AWS product teams to provide customer based product improvement feedback.
* Assess and/or guide the assessment of large datasets to discover meaningful patterns, trends and relationships.
* This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to meet customers when needed.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Dallas, TX, USA | Denver, CO, USA | Detroit, MI, USA | New Jersey, NJ, USA | Raleigh, NC, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Washington, DC, USA
* 10+ years of experience working in or with customers in industries such as Manufacturing, Retail, Wholesale Distribution, Consumer Packaged Goods, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, Service Parts Planning on their fulfillment based operational processes.
* Experience in business logistics, procurement optimization, industrial engineering, and/or demand management while leveraging analytics and business performance metrics to justify process changes or investments in new business applications.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
* Multiple project experiences participating in integrated business planning initiatives for multi-national organizations.
* Experience working with cross-functional / extended teams.
* Proven ability to relate in-depth application functionality to improve business operations and processes to both business and technical practitioners.
* Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related business operations or equivalent professional or military experience.
* Experience in Lean, Six Sigma or other structured process improvement methodologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $146,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $284,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.