Global Trade Compliance Specialist (68934)
United in Performance. Inspired by Innovation
The Global Trade Compliance Expert position provides support for all divisions and functions and assists them in achieving their strategic and operational objectives. The role works to ensure that target goals are met while working for continuous improvement and establishing best practices. Ensure that all compliance and export laws and regulations are met based on applicable compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all international trade laws, regulations, and policies and support and advise the business how to operate in a trade compliant manner.
- Provide support for Global Trade Compliance to all businesses and act as subject matter expert (SME) for Customs, Export Controls and Sanctions.
- Create awareness of Trade Compliance at all levels in the organization within the region and globally as needed.
- Proactively identify potential trade risks, take actions to control and/or mitigate the risks, and provide advice on how to remediate those in the most effective manner.
- Work with product development, IT, Sales, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Operations, and HR to meet trade objectives.
- Collaborate with and provide seniority to Global Trade Compliance Professionals globally within Epiroc and always look for best practices to be shared.
- Provide support for audits and self-assessments.
- Develop and implement global trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide trainings in all Trade Compliance matters.
- Bachelor’s degree – Mechanical engineering or relevant work experience in an engineering or mining industry
- Must have 10 + years of experience with international responsibilities in trade compliance international trade, and customs laws and regulations (including operating effective Internal Compliance Programs)
- Pus + experience working for the Customs/BIS or local authorities/administration
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in global Customs, export/import control regulations, sanction laws and sanctioned party screening, dual use, and ECCN/ECN-determination/classification, and the experience to drive projects in an international environment.
- Must be a subject matter expert in trade regulations applicable in region(s) of responsibility and relevant experience in US Export and US re-export.
- Must have experience in trade classification and international customs and export control laws and regulation.
- Must have experience in conducting trade compliance audits and or risk/maturity assessments, as well as in formulating appropriate corrective actions.
- Plus + experience in design and implementation of advanced trade functions, such as FTAs, FTZs, Bonded Warehouses
- Plus + established connections within the international trade community
- Plus+ expertise and implementation with use of trade tools and applications
- Benefits eligibility begins the 1st of the month after start date
- Health care eligibility - including medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan
- Direct deposit
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Vacation – accrual based on Epiroc years of service
Life at Epiroc:
We are Epiroc, a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. By joining Epiroc, you can expect an atmosphere of creativity and innovation, 'Dare to Think New.' With innovative technology, we develop and produce innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction tools. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries.
Employment at Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC is “at-will,” which means that either you or the company can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without prior notice, and for any reason not prohibited by statue, in accordance with state and federal guidelines. All employment is contiued on that basis. No supervisor, manager or executive of the company, other than the General Manager in a signed writing, has any authority to alter the foregoing. Signature of this document serves as acknowledgement of receipt and does not create a contract of employment.
Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere. Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries.