Export Trade Compliance Manager
WHO WE ARE
We’re a global team of over 25,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and sustaining service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
Whether you’re looking to start, make a change or advance your career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and make an impact.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. Leadership and development programs to support your career goals.
We believe that our people create our best Plexus. At Plexus, we value the ideas generated by our collective uniqueness and recognize that the diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives of our team members enable us to create the innovative products that build a better world. Because of this, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to our positions, and will look at candidates holistically, balancing work, education and additional experiences.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Global Trade team as a key contributor for strategy development and implementation of Plexus’ Export Compliance program. The Export Compliance Manager provides expertise to drive continuous improvement and ongoing leadership to advise business partners in interpreting and effectively responding to trade compliance requirements. This role partners with various internal teams to enhance trade controls and increase awareness of export compliance concepts. This role will work closely with our Legal, Customer Management and IT functions.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Communicate openly and engage with global, cross-functional teams through vision and purpose to build trust with business partners and stakeholders.
- Build a trusted partnership with senior leaders to advise and make recommendations for our technical and business direction including future state systems and partners to support Global Trade compliance.
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership on the design, build and implementation of solutions to enhance deemed export compliance controls, providing solutions for appropriately sharing and controlling technical data, programs to facilitate foreign visitors at facilities globally, processes for sharing technical data with suppliers compliantly, investigations, disclosures and the like.
- Provide oversight of Plexus’ export licensing program and manage the authorization process from requirements capture through application, technology control plan and proviso planning and implementation.
- Assist with technology, hardware, and software commodity jurisdictions and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) determinations.
- Build communications and training plans to ensure all internal and external partners are aware and aligned to trade compliance processes.
- Perform audits to measure compliance with internal policies and procedures implemented to ensure compliance with U.S. trade controls and licensing requirements.
- Maintain export compliance standard operating procedures (SOP) to meet the most updated practice or regulation changes.
- Monitor and continuously improve the export compliance program through the use of metrics and provide visibility to the metrics to stakeholders.
- Support Restricted Party Screening & Sanctions compliance including prospective customer due diligence activities.
- Continuously monitor international trade regulations and provide insight and action to ensure proper controls are initiated and implemented.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- 8 years of related experience is required
- CUSECO certification is desired
- Ability to serve as an Empowered Official if required
- Legal research and interpretation is required
- Effective communicator and influencer across different functional areas
- Maintain flexibility and competence within a fast-changing and fluid international trade environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proven success in implementing global strategies
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Professional user of Microsoft Office suite
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Travel 15% of the time or as assignments require
- The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.