TRADE COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Hybrid) (104443)
You may know McCormick as a leader in herbs, spices, seasonings, and condiments – and we’re only getting started. At McCormick, we’re always looking for new people to bring their unique flavor to our team.
McCormick employees – all 14,000 of us across the world – are what makes this company a great place to work.
We are looking to hire a Trade Compliance Specialist immediately in a Hybrid (50/50) capacity at our Global Headquarters in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
What We Bring To The Table:
The best people deserve the best rewards. In addition to the benefits you’d expect from a global leader (401k, health insurance, paid time off, etc.) we also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Career growth opportunities
• Flexibility and Support for Diverse Life Stages and Choices
• We prioritize our communities and the planet we share. We are proud to be awarded as a Diversity Inc. Top 50 company for Diversity and have multiple Sustainability awards (ranking #22 in the World and #1 in Food Products)
• Wellbeing programs including Physical, Mental and Financial wellness
• Tuition assistance
Manage International Trade Compliance to help reduce exposure and enable the business regarding Imports and Exports. The position scope includes the management of the Harmonized Tariff Classifications for the Americas region and the ability to read and interpret international trade treaties, trade documentation and law. Also included are all applicable export, import and customs compliance related activities.
Contribute to International Trade Compliance strategies and provide guidance and strategic support to Managers, internal/external business stake holders that help reduce risk and exposure from compliance violations for importing and exporting activities the Americas:
- Analysis of ingredients for Consumer and Customs Flavor Solution food products, spices, flavors, seasonings, condiments and batter/breader systems, to determine origin and the status under various trade treaties (ex. USMCA)
- Product classification with commodity codes including tariff engineering
- Origin determination including preference eligibility verification enabling product cost optimization and duty savings
- Analysis of International Trade Compliance regulations and implementation of plans or action steps as necessary with other business functions
- Supply Chain scenarios advisory including document requirements, licenses, and duty analysis
- Management of Customs procedures aimed at reducing/eliminating costs related to duties and subsequent adherence to International Trade Compliance framework
- Responsible for the data management tools (NPC, RMN, FTO etc and MDG) for the Americas and SAP GTS system.
- Provide strategies and guidance that helps reduce exposure from compliance violations and provide cost savings opportunities such as duty savings for the corporation.
- Maintain communications with internal and external legal departments and government agencies (ex. Customs and Participating Government Agencies).
- Recommendation and scoping of process improvements to ensure the business is compliant
- Contribute to overall team cost avoidance and savings delivery
- Management and delivery of Import/Export Audits
- Provide support to Auditors and Compliance Managers in integrating Internal Audit processes
- Resolving cross border issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, International Trade or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the international trade arena including tariff classification, origin determination and Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA.)
- Experience in export/import regulations, tariff classification and compliance
- Strong knowledge of on-line government databases and regulatory guidelines
- Computer systems knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Lotus Notes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to Communicate internationally and externally with customers, legal departments and government agencies
- Ability to travel to international business locations, (estimated 10%-15%)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good organizational skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the food industry
- Professional Trade Certification and or Licenses (ex: Broker’s License, Certified Customs Specialist)
- Experience using GTS, SAP and DevEx
- 3+ years knowledge of food products from a compliance/regulatory/QA/ view or related field (preferably in seasonings, flavorings, and spices)
- Knowledge of food products (preferably in seasonings, flavorings and spices)
- Strong Excel skills (intermediate level or above)
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.