International Trade Compliance Analyst
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be availableCLEARANCE TYPE: NoneTRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the TimeDescription
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Job Description
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an
International Trade Compliance Analyst (Level 2)/ or Principal International Trade Compliance Analyst (Level 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position can be located at Rolling Meadows, IL, Woodland Hills, CA, Linthicum, MD, or Amherst, NY. This will be a hybrid work schedule and is not open to full time remote.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Export/Import Management organization, working to ensure compliance with export laws that enhance foreign policy and protect national security.
- Manages comprehensive internal export controls to ensure compliance with U.S. (ITAR and EAR) and similar foreign regulations in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Establishes and implements business plans for obtaining all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Assures that transactions comply with government regulations and internal procedures by conducting gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determination; and making determinations regarding applicability of exceptions and exemptions.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Participates in training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Exercises good judgment to seek management support and guidance as needed, including collaborating on decisions that have the potential to be high visibility or impact.
- Develops and delivers presentations, including Export General Awareness training, program/function specific export training, and program/capture export licensing strategy updates to Division leadership.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- - Level 2: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree plus 1 year relevant experience
- - Level 3: Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Both levels:
- - Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- - Demonstrate a track record of paying close attention to detail
- - US citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- - Experience with OCR's EASE software
- - Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- - Experience with use of/authorizing ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions
- - Experienced and comfortable providing training in person or via virtual methods
- - Ability to participate in corporate-wide working groups for new procedures, regulatory changes, etc.
- - Able to learn and use new web-based applications including work flows and databases
- - Experience with making Jurisdiction and Classification determinations
Salary Range: $63,800.00 - $105,200.00Salary Range 2: $78,500.00 - $129,500.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.