Manager International Trade Compliance 1
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be availableCLEARANCE TYPE: NoneTRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the TimeDescription
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector Business Management Group Export Import Management Business Division seeks a Manager 1, International Trade Compliance to join its team in Rolling Meadows, Il. This will be a hybrid position (2-3 days in the office) and is not open to full time remote.
This position will have leadership for the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Export Management Leadership team and specifically for the LITENING Business Unit under the Navigation, Targeting, and Survivability Division Export Compliance Program to ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations including the Export Administration Regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
1) develop licensing strategies based upon knowledge of the ITAR and the EAR, 2) review and coordinate with Senior Division Manager on signature of export license applications and agreements as well as CJ, CCATS and advisory opinion applications for submission to the US Departments of State and Commerce;
3) authorize the use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions,
4) review various types of export transaction requests (shipping, travel, visits, etc.) and maintain records in compliance with Sector policy and procedures. Candidate will provide advice and guidance concerning the requirements interpretation, and obligations of U.S. export regulations and implementation of such requirements and be responsible for implementing NGMS export policies and procedures for all export/import licensing and compliance activities in coordination with Senior Division Manager. Lead the development, automation, and continuous process improvement of business processes for the LITENING Business Unit export licensing and compliance and managing and mentoring assigned employees to foster their growth.
Other duties as assigned, to include: Continuous monitoring of the health, effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s export business processes. Development and management of Business Unit Export Management operational and compliance metrics. Participating in compliance reviews and assessments of export activities and supporting the Senior ITC leadership and Compliance Manager in investigations of potential incidents and development of corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of directly related experience or Master’s degree with minimum 8+ years of directly related experience.
- Must have Export and Import knowledge of U.S. export control jurisdiction and classification under the ITAR and EAR.
- U.S. citizen with ability to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
- Ability to travel 10% CONUS/OCONUS.
- Experience with identifying defense services related to EAR-controlled commodities
- Experience conducting jurisdiction and export classification reviews, and developing authorization strategies for communications infrastructure, system integration, and network communications technologies, including software
- Experience preparing CJs and/or CCATS
- Understanding of DoC encryption rules
- Familiarity with commercial IT support (typical help desk roles, basic networking concepts, CSOC operations)
Salary Range: $97,200.00 - $145,800.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.