Customs Compliance Specialist
The Customs Specialist will assist with the management of custom and corporate compliance across the entire company, ensuring that all processes are correctly adhered to in order to deliver the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction.
The role of a Customs Specialist will manage and update company records, ensuring that all customs related documents are stored accurately and in compliance with US Customs' company regulations. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Responsible for determining and following CFS and CTPAT regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.)
- Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams.
- Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that company's controls, policies, procedures, processes and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly.
- Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements.
- Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
- Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so.
- Manage the company's interface using customs authorities.
- Assist in the implementation and control of any new legislations or client requirements.