Trade Finance Americas Geographic Lead and Senior Underwriter (Hybrid- Remote/OnSite) (125714)
About the Role & Team:
The Trade Finance team sits within our global Credit & Surety team. As part of the continued build out of our global Trade Finance team, we are looking for a geographic lead for our Americas trade finance business. Your role will be a mix of transactional underwriting, client and broker relationship management, geographic sub-P&L management, portfolio steering and team management/leadership. All our underwriters follow a client relationship and a transaction "End to End", combining client management with individual transaction underwriting assessment and sign-off. This role is a hands-on underwriting role and management role with a team of currently two direct reports.
The role of the global team is to provide insurance capacity and solutions for leading Trade Finance banks and other financial institutions for cross border trade transactions as well as limited solutions for corporate clients. This involves an international work environment with a global scope and customer base. The role will include extensive contact with clients and brokers.
After an appropriate period of onboarding and training, the expectation is that you quickly assume responsibilities within the team and add value by being able to:
- Analyze trade finance deals end to end independently including pricing, risk, terms, documentation etc. across the full spectrum of trade finance deals (corporate and FI obligors) and document same with concise deal memos; and provide guidance to other underwriters on same
- Provide expertise in underwriting single-risk and portfolio structures and training of other underwriters
- Portfolio steering, set/achieve profitable growth targets, provide quarterly forecasting numbers for the region, manage geographic sub-P&L and ensure alignment to the global P&L
- Create and manage a client and broker plan for the geography to deepen the existing client and broker base and support new client acquisition
- Manage the trade finance operating model for the geography and ensure the robust operational excellence by working closely with operations team
- Be a valuable contributor to the Trade Finance leadership "TF Board", connecting with all the global TF Geographic leads, Product Leads and product specialists
- Present transactions to internal stakeholders and defend team positions
- Identify, monitor and innovate around relevant market, economic and legal developments
- Lead marketing, thought leadership and event initiatives for the geography
- Provide input to team and wider global strategic initiatives with opportunities to also lead the same
- People management for a team of currently two direct reports including development, succession planning and training as well as alignment with the global team
- Work in a collegiate high-performance global team environment
- You have at least 12-15 years' experience with a bank, other financial institution (FI) or insurance company or broker in Trade Finance or Credit Insurance space
- You have an excellent understanding of assessing credit obligors across a wide range of industries and geographies and analyzing financials and structures (corporates and FI obligors)
- You have an extensive broker network and experience negotiating insurance policy wordings
- Strong experience in client-facing transactional roles with a customer focus (brokers and clients) and service mentality (internal and external)
- Strong communicator and transaction management skills
- Ability to digest numeric, financial and other data/information into concise messaging
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail combined with an open and curious mindset
- Inclusive team player with "hands on" approach
- You enjoy a high-performance collaborative culture and have a solution-oriented mentality
- You have high cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a robust international, multicultural and complex environment
- You can work under pressure with competing deadlines
For New York City the estimated base salary range for this position is $128,000 to $225,000. The specific salary offered for this or any given role will take into account a number of factors including but not limited to job location, scope of role, qualifications, complexity/specialization/scarcity of talent, experience, education, and employer budget. At Swiss Re, we take a "total compensation approach" when making compensation decisions. This means that we consider all components of compensation in their totality (such as base pay, short-and long-term incentives, and benefits offered), in setting individual compensation.
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Reference Code: 125714