Business Analyst - Foreign Exchange Trading
A prominent Asian American Bank ($24B in assets) is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst with the following skills and qualifications. Industry and Domain knowledge are key requirements in being able to perform in the job function. Position is located in the Pasadena, CA / El Monte, CA.
The primary role of Business Analyst is to support and oversee daily Foreign Exchange Operations with high technology skills, he/she is also required to manage change management request on FX business and new product development projects.
- Functions as the liaison between business SMEs, leadership, IT, vendor and cross functional groups to identify, analyze and document system functional and technical requirements
- Plays a key role in the planning, testing and implementation of system enhancements and conversions by following appropriate guidelines and ensuring completion in a timely fashion
- Identifies system enhancements, documents business needs and determines development impact to current system processing
- Reviews operational procedures and methods and recommends changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency
- Partners with the technical areas and Identifies, researches, and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and resolves problems.
- Plan and manage the execution of project lifecycle, including but not limited to requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and maintenance
- Designs new programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- May perform some aspects of Project Management including but not limited to tracking project activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions etc.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, training users, participate in UAT and production rollout
- Strong FX business knowledge and familiarity with FX Products and Derivatives, Processes, Workflows and Trade Lifecycle
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Administration/Finance
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and prior experience in requirements gathering and testing, Software Documentation
- Experience working in a fast paced environment interacting directly with Front, Middle and Back Office groups
- Experience working on FX system viz. FXL (formerly TwoFour) highly preferred
- Experience with Quality Assurance Testing, SQL programming queries, prior coding experience etc.
- Excellent communication skills and proven expertise leading and facilitating workshops and meetings
Relocation offered to qualified candidates.