Administrative Assistant, International Investment & Trade (Economic Development) - Hybrid/Entry Level
Why the Partnership
When you join the Greater Houston Partnership, you get the opportunity to work with an organization helping guide the future of the Houston region. Our team of professionals works across multiple disciplines, including Economic Development (Regional and International), Executive, Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Communications, Member Engagement, Public Policy, Regional Workforce Development, Research, Resources, and the Center for Houston’s Future.
Who We Are
The Greater Houston Partnership works to make Houston one of the best places to live, work and build a business. As the economic development organization for the region, the Partnership champions growth across 12 counties by bringing together business and civic-minded leaders who are dedicated to the area’s long-term success. Representing more than 900 member organizations and approximately one-fifth of the region’s workforce, the Partnership is the place companies come together to make an impact.
We look forward to telling you more about the organization and helping determine if a career with the Partnership is right for you!
Today, We Are Looking For
The Assistant, IIT is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President of International Investment and Trade in accomplishing the economic development, foreign direct investment, and trade goals of the division. The Assistant, IIT will also be responsible for assisting the Managers and Directors of the department with programs and events, as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Organize backup material for meetings, presentations, and speeches for the division head
- Coordinate travel arrangements and process correspondence, contacts, filing, purchasing of supplies, and mail/email on a daily basis, as needed
- Coordinate/Collect time sheets and process invoices, expense receipts, and other items for the division head’s approval and signature
- Salesforce database maintenance of membership directory and international projects
- Staff liaison for administrative needs of the Advisory Committee and its subcommittees
- Assist in II&T event planning and management
- Assist in developing brochures and/or announcements for GHP events, mailing, registration, preparing signage, coordinating volunteers, reconciling attendee lists, prepare transmittals, deposits, and event reports
- Maintain a database of attendees for II&T events
- Point person for International Investment and Trade department’s inserts/materials for Board/Executive Committee meetings. Responsible for working with the Board of Directors Coordinator to ensure that inserts and resolutions are prepared correctly and on time
- Consular Corps assistance, updates to name badges, order/distribute Consular Corps directory
- Assist client requests for information, marketing programs, and services for prospective clients and new members
- Assist in marketing programs and services for prospective clients and new memberships as well as member retention programs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Excellent composition, writing, grammar, and arithmetic skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Windows, Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software programs
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Preference for working with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments while working on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of city leaders and representatives helpful
- Flexibility to work overtime, as necessary
- Bilingual helpful, Mandarin preferred
Behavioral Competencies-Attributes, Behaviors, and Competencies (ABC’s)
Achievement Focus - Recognizes and acts on opportunities; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
Executes with excellence – Consistently delivers on promises to the highest standards, appreciates and demands quality, goes the extra mile.
Exceptional communicator- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; can write prose with proper grammar and syntax; listens actively; builds trust; uses the appropriate media for the situation; knows what and when to communicate to a particular audience.
Nimble, flexible- Adaptable; manages ambiguity; embraces change; considers change vital in pursuit of GHP’s Mission; stretches to get job done.
High School Diploma is preferred
Entry-level: administrative office/clerical or related experience desired
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary)
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills
Adhere to office safety policies
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.