Treasury Risk Manager - Liquidity Risk Oversight
Leveraging experiences and expertise in bank liquidity developed in first-line treasury or second-line treasury independent review function in a $100+ billion bank, incumbent will lead the second-line oversight of funding and liquidity risk management (LRM) within the Treasury Risk Management Oversight (TRMO) group at M&T. Makes recommendations on techniques to assess LRM processes, engage in effective challenge of our treasury partners and help mentor staff to develop an industry best-practices environment for second-line treasury risk officers.
- Serve as the functional subject matter expert in TRMO in the assessment of overall bank liquidity
- Transfer industry knowledge on liquidity management to team members with varying degrees of banking industry knowledge
- Stay abreast of current and proposed regulatory guidance, such as Regulation YY and SR10-6, as well as industry best practices as they relate to oversight and effective challenge of LRM
- Present complex and highly specialized results measuring liquidity risk to appropriate committees and executive management to ensure their awareness of significant issues
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable
- Complete other related duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Focus is on liquidity but incumbent will collaborate with TRMO staff involved with oversight and effective challenge of interest rate risk and market risk pillars within TRMO
- Lead projects related to continuous enhancement of TRMO’s assessment framework to exceed regulatory expectations and industry standards
- Support Director of TRMO in areas concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
None initially, but opportunity to manage a team of 2-4 direct and indirect reports.
Bachelor’s degree in quantitative/analytical discipline (e.g., Finance, Accounting or Economics) and minimum of nine years’ experience in a risk or business quantitative position including a minimum of three years' experience in credit analysis and market and macro-economic dynamics,
OR in lieu of degree,
A combined thirteen years' work experience and/or higher education with a minimum of three years' experience in credit analysis and market and macro-economic dynamics.
Three years of experience in formulating, developing and directing cross-functional teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication, cross-functional collaboration and management skills.
Ability to communicate concepts/theories and develop alternative recommendations.
Ability to make effective presentations to all levels of the organization.
Ability to build consensus, and move projects forward despite roadblocks and competing functional priorities.
Education and Experience Preferred:
A minimum of 7 years in first-line treasury or second-line treasury oversight at a large bank (>$100B in assets)
Strong knowledge of liquidity risk management techniques
Buffalo, New York, United States of America