Trade Promotion Analyst
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
As a Trade Promotion Analyst at Beyond Meat, you will play a pivotal role in optimizing our trade management program. Your expertise will be vital in maintaining accurate account planning, ensuring seamless payment processing, and conducting insightful trend analysis. Collaborating closely with our Sales and Finance teams, you will serve as the internal subject matter expert in the Blue Planner system, promotional planning to payment cycles, and quality input/output. Your responsibilities encompass trade spend management, comprehensive analytics and reporting, interdepartmental liaison, and analytical enhancement.
Trade Spend Management
- Data Precision: Oversee the meticulous input of trade spend data into Blue Planner, maintaining unwavering accuracy and timeliness.
- Strategic Insight: Actively participate in internal sales meetings and broker interactions to gain a deep understanding of trade agreements, facilitating informed decision-making.
- Holistic Analysis: Develop and maintain comprehensive trade spend reports covering promotional, contractual, and compliance expenditures.
- KPI Development: Craft and manage monthly Discounts Scorecard and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to provide valuable insights and transparency.
- Reconciliation Expertise: Serve as a liaison between the Sales and Accounting teams, facilitating efficient reconciliation of proof of performance, discrepancies, and contract gaps.
- Solution Facilitation: Collaborate to address any discrepancies stemming from mismatched deduction and promotion contracts, ensuring effective resolution.
Invoice and Documentation Management
- Collaborative Coordination: Work closely with customer accounts payable departments and broker contacts to gather essential invoices and documentation, ensuring accurate and timely payment processing.
- Detail-Driven Approach: Maintain an organized repository of invoices and relevant documents for future reference and auditing.
- Data-Driven Insights: Develop tools and execute analyses to enhance the transparency, clarity, and analytical rigor of the trade management program.
- Decision Support: Empower teams with actionable insights derived from data, contributing to data-driven strategies and decisions.
Base and Promoted Volume Analytics
- Advanced Analysis: Utilize data-driven techniques to assess base and promoted volume, extracting insights to guide promotional strategies.
- Best Practice Delivery: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver best practices based on volume analytics, enhancing promotional effectiveness.
- Advanced Excel Proficiency.
- Display advanced proficiency in Excel, utilizing data manipulation and analysis techniques to derive valuable insights.
- Data Visualization: Familiarity with Tableau and other data visualization tools is preferred, enabling clear presentation of complex information.
- Time Management: Showcase exceptional organizational and time management skills, effectively juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Autonomous Operation: Thrive as an independent and reliable contributor, capable of executing tasks based on directives and driving results autonomously.
Adaptability and Systems Proficiency
- Dynamic Environment: Excel in dynamic, fast-paced environments, demonstrating resilience and high-quality output under pressure.
- System Familiarity: Previous exposure to Blue Planner or similar Trade Promotion Management systems is advantageous, accelerating your contribution
- Relevant Expertise: Possess 2-4 years of relevant experience in CPG trade planning, sales, or deductions management, demonstrating practical knowledge of industry intricacies.
- Must be willing to work in our El Segundo office five days a week.
- At Beyond Meat, we value individuals who bring dedication, innovation, and expertise to their roles. As a Trade Promotion Specialist, you will be an integral part of our team, contributing significantly to the enhancement of our trade management program and the overall success of Beyond Meat. Join us in our mission to reshape the future of food through innovative and sustainable practices.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 70,000 and 95,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.