Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for an International Accountant in the Accounting Department of our Doral, FL office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The International Accountant for international offices will be responsible for supporting core accounting functions. Additional responsibilities will include supporting consolidations and eliminations, reconciliations, key management reporting packages, providing support to the tax team and ad-hoc projects. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be a strategic thinker and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects in a multinational context. A strong team player-coach who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. Strong understanding of full cycle accounting, finance, audit and international tax principles. Clear communication, understanding of processes, efficiency and quality of work product is emphasized. Collaboration with local accountants and GT’s tax group to find the right solution is encouraged and expected. This position may require travel outside the US.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor accounting practices and workflows as well as the month end close process to ensure compliance and consistency with Firm accounting
- Ensure all necessary reconciliations (e.g. between Aderant and local statutory systems) are being done on a timely basis while developing local staff
- Support tax compliance and maintenance of supporting documentation (e.g. inter-company agreements, Transfer Pricing documentation) with the tax team
- Support FP&A team with acquiring information and preparing any needed information for performance analysis
- Drive improvements in processes or policies, identify accounting, issues and assist others with resolving issues
Skills & Competencies:
- Understanding our AP workflow, ChromeRiver and the related FX and tax implications
- Understanding Aderant (ERP) basic entries and related FX and tax implications
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting required
- Strong accounting knowledge and skills
- CPA and Public Accounting experience preferred
- Multinational Corporate Accounting Experience (Preferred)
- Large Scale ERP System Experience (Preferred, i.e. SAP, Oracle, Aderant, Blackline)
- Candidate will have 5 or more years’ experience of general accounting with proven problem solving and analytical abilities (Experience in legal & or service industry preferred)
- Experience working with colleagues in Europe or Asia preferred
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. The program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, seeks to increase diversity representation in the legal profession and within law firm leadership roles. In 2019, GT achieved Mansfield 3.0 Certification, and in 2020, we achieved an even higher standard: Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving that goal and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements.