Associate Manager, Global Brand Marketing
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Marketing Communications Department at Fisher-Price is responsible for driving brand love and relevance of one of the most beloved brands of childhood and one of the most trusted brands of parents. This team drives the strategy and execution of marketing assets for brand campaigns and product demand generation across the entire Infant, Toddler and Preschool portfolio globally.
The Associate Manager, Global Brand Marketing will be working on the Global Marketing Team to assist with setting the global brand strategy and developing marketing plans for regional teams to execute in market. The Associate Marketing Manager will be a pivotal member who will provide strategic thinking and drive key planning and activations across a variety of platforms and initiatives.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Supporting the development of annual global marketing strategy and campaign planning in partnership with global product teams, media, regional commercial teams, and agency partners.
- In partnership with the manager, work with global product teams to define the positioning and marketing strategy for key products, segments, and sub-brands within the Fisher-Price portfolio.
- Support the development of asset plans, ensuring global alignment on asset needs and formats.
- Help with the development of marketing asset creation from creative briefing, strategic input and creative feedback, through final execution and delivery, with both internal and external creative partners.
- Help manage and coordinate various social media platforms to ensure consistent brand messaging and effective communication with the target audience. Work closely with social agency, contributing to the overall marketing strategy and assist in driving the brand’s social growth and success.
- Work with cross functional teams and social agency to plan and execute social media campaigns, including giveaways, collaborations with influencers, content creation, among others.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement in social media marketing efforts.
- Work closely with various departments, including marketing, design, sales, and customer support, to align social media efforts with overall business goals and initiatives.
- Support the development and marketing of community engagement efforts and relevant partnerships.
- Support international regional teams with local adaptation of assets and market-led campaign development as needed.
- Partner with brand creative leads (designers and copywriters) to maintain up-to-date and effective brand guidelines and marketing asset toolkits
- Partner with insights and analytics teams to report on campaign effectiveness, leveraging learnings for future strategy and campaign development.
- In partnership with manager, present strategy and ideas to various cross-functional teams and leadership across the organization.
- Act as point of contact for brand inquiries and dissemination of brand information and assets.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years (2 years with MBA) experience in brand marketing (on brand or agency side), franchise management/marketing, content marketing, or purpose-driven strategy/marketing
- Thorough understanding of marketing mix and KPIs
- Experience analyzing data and managing financials
- Ability to synthesize data and pull insights to create recommendations
- Ability to assist on programs end-to-end: craft a compelling vision and strategy, be creative yet analytical/financially oriented, be resourceful in addressing roadblocks, and be a strong executer
- Be the voice of the consumer, leaning into consumer data and insights to inform marketing strategies and planning
- Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow up skills
- Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
- Excellent communication skills (including written communication and oral presentations to small and large audiences)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
- Ability to clearly communicate POV and inspire confidence among cross-functional teams
- Nimble and flexible thinking, ability to quickly learn and apply new ways of thinking
- A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and adept at juggling multiple tasks and programs at once, without losing sight of key details
- Strong presentation builder – able to effectively summarize detailed information into a presentation with clear narrative flow, succinct takeaways and impactful visuals
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience in social media management, preferably within the brand management or marketing industry.
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms, their best practices, and algorithms.
- Demonstrated creativity in content creation and copywriting for social media.
- Proficiency in social media analytics and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of social media advertising and experience with managing paid campaigns.
- Familiarity with social media management and editing tools.
- Demonstrated a growth mindset by staying curious and continuously learning, embracing challenges, and improving themselves.