Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing
San Mateo, CA
Our Exclusive Games Marketing team is seeking a Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing who will be responsible for developing the brand and global go-to-market marketing strategy for several high-profile game titles. The Senior Manager will report to the Director, Global Brand Marketing.
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Manage an impactful team of marketers responsible for a portfolio of key titles.
- Define global brand and product strategy, including positioning, unique selling points, and go-to-market approach based on strategic target audiences, market, and player insights.
- Develop outstanding live service strategy, including direct to consumer, always-on, content strategy for Games as a Service.
- Lead global cross-functional teams, responsible for pulling together integrated global business results for their portfolio.
- Ensure consistent representation of brands global activations while leading all aspects of tactical execution on global campaigns for multiple titles.
- Lead internal creative teams and external agencies to deliver key marketing and creative assets and programs while ensuring alignment across multiple partners.
- Accountable for the success of the global marketing campaign.
- Collaborate with development studios to create product marketing strategies for game titles, including determining appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, communication beats and product/service feature sets.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through world-class qualitative and quantitative research.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises.
- Handle global marketing budget for portfolio of titles.
- People management experience leading a small team of marketing professionals.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on Games as a Service direct to consumer digital businesses.
- Recognized history developing positive relationships with game development studios
- Demonstrated record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market marketing campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing, for a portfolio of games/services.
- Proven experiences and understanding of all facets of the marketing verticals including consumer insights, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation and creative development.
- Experience with digital product offerings on mobile and PC platforms, a plus.
- Ability of influencing and engaging external and internal collaborators in a franchise brand vision.
- Experience partnering with licensors and working on licensed IP games.
- Strong passion for video gaming is crucial
- 10+ years of product and brand marketing.
- At least a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.