Global Sales Director
Essential Job Functions
- Identify global business opportunities and generate profitable sales in both new and existing accounts.
- Develop and implement sales plans that support increased sales, while also developing business strategies to maximize margins and increase revenue growth.
- Prospect and closing on assigned accounts/territories and manage the relationships with key accounts, maximizing all opportunities through those accounts.
- Work corroboratively with the operational staff at multiple sites and locations to ensure clients' needs and expectations are met.
- Work with senior management, operations, purchasing, logistics and sales teams both domestically and globally to recommend sales and marketing strategies and programs that will help achieve targeted growth, profit and sales and marketing strategies and programs that will help achieve targeted growth, profit and a market share relative to corporate goals and trends in the industry.
- Domestic and International travel is a requirement of the job.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Strong understanding of business beyond core functional expertise and in-depth knowledge of products and services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of the company and with potential and existing clients.
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the supply chain and transportation industry.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Job may require extended sitting or standing, use of standard office equipment.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; College Degree Required
- Minimum 10 years global sales experience.
- Minimum ten years industry experience preferred.
MUST COMPLETE PI ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION:
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR CRANE?
At Crane, we believe in providing our employees with excellent benefits at a Great Place to Work.
- Quarterly Incentive Plan
- 136 hours of Paid Time Off which equals 17 days for the year, that can be used for Sick Time or for Personal Use
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement for education related to your job
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Program
- Paid Volunteer Time to support a cause that is close to your heart and contributes to our communities
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Incentives that can go up to $100 per year for completing challenges, in addition to a discount on contribution rates
- Potential to earn a strong commission based on your sales ability
Come join the leader in logistics and take your career in the right direction.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify Check.
More Information: http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify
Company benefits are contingent upon meeting eligibility requirements and plan conditions.