Director, Global Sales Compensation
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Sales Compensation Director role is a unique opportunity that calls for a skilled, hands-on, analytical professional with extensive experience leading time-critical operations and driving results. This role leads the processing and operations of the Visa sales compensation program, supporting multiple business units throughout our global footprint. This person will be responsible for ensuring that sales compensation processes are accurate, timely, and transparent, as well as proactively identifying and mitigating risks to those priorities.
This is an advanced professional position, and as such, the candidate must possess strong knowledge of Sales Compensation and experience leading operations for one or more critical functions. In addition, the candidate must have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to partner effectively with numerous stakeholders across business units, commercial operations peers, and sales and executive leadership at all levels of the organization. This role reports to the Head of Visa Sales Compensation and is expected to have 3-4 direct reports.
- As a key member of the sales compensation leadership team, exerts a tangible influence on the future direction of the sales compensation program, translating long range plans into mid-term and short-term projects, and prioritizing the timing of projects against available resources.
- With strategic direction and tactical consultation, exercise a high degree of autonomy in planning and executing major initiatives that will dramatically improve the effectiveness of our sales compensation program, achieving that success by building influence with peers across the organization.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with upstream and downstream partners to ensure that the team can reliably acquire data, process that data within the sales compensation platform, and transmit the results to key finance and payroll stakeholders on agreed timelines.
- Maintains primary ownership of finance and controllership interlock for the sales compensation program, providing relevant guidance to finance and controllership stakeholders in a timely and transparent manner.
- Ensures that sales compensation policies are applied consistently, fairly, and accurately to all participants. Where escalations are required, formulates a succinct assessment and a well-supported recommendation, engaging necessary subject matter experts for guidance as appropriate.
- Leads by example and consistently develops team members to build skillsets, capabilities, and growth opportunities.
- With significant autonomy, takes strategic direction and designs projects to address high level priorities, aligns resources to common tasks, and drive increasing efficiency in the use of resources.
- Translate overarching project objectives into a tangible plan, evaluating resource requirements, timelines, and budgetary needs against the desired scope of work.
- Interface with the sales compensation platform team, defining business requirements and performing testing to ensure systems changes address stakeholder needs.
- Effectively communicates project plans and progress, and determines the appropriate balance between solving problems directly and escalating for review and discussion.
This is a remote position. A remote position does not require job duties be performed within proximity of a Visa office location. Remote positions may be required to be present at a Visa office with scheduled notice.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 6-8 years of sales compensation experience with progressively increasing responsibility and complexity of work
- Must have led a key operational function
- Strong knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, sales data tracking processes, and methodologies
- Experience with software implementation projects, including software development lifecycle, change management, requirements and testing documentation, and associated responsibilities
- Expert ability in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with exemplary organization skills. Must possess ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrated experience of successfully executing against tight deadlines, with a collaborative mind-set
- Must be able to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-departmental and virtual teams
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 139,800.00 to 181,800.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.