The Logistics Specialist will be subject matter expert and the first contact for PPG USCA AC transportation of dangerous goods and transportation operations for the PPG store business in the US. The Logisitics Specialist will complete analysis and reporting for the team.
You will work a remote schedule and report to the Manager of Distribution and Logistics.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Stay informed and up to date on current transportation of dangerous good rules/regulations and inform PPG AC USCA distribution network of changes and impacts.
- Update training for PPG AC logistics employees.
- Correct shipping documentation to ensure compliance to current US TDG regulations.
- Complete location audits, document action items, and corrective actions plans.
- Respond to master data management product packaging approval requests.
- Manage all other policies, tasks, and questions related to the transportation of dangerous goods for PPG AC USCA.
Transportation Operations – US Stores
- Support all aspects of the dedicated liftgate fleet operation.
- Regular communication with store operations to make sure store order day schedule, SAP delivery day schedule, and dedicated carrier are aligned.
- Resolve transportation operational issues for the PPG stores business in the US.
- Use data to review service concerns and take necessary steps with carriers to improve.
- Review monthly LTL compliance report and to ensure store low-cost carrier percentage usage shows continued improvement.
- Implement improved processes that yield transportation cost savings.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, transportation, business, or a related field is required.
- 3+ years of experience in transportation, logistics, supply chain management, or planning.
- Experience working in an office environment within SAP or similar ERP system is required.
Here at PPG, we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.