Trade Analyst/Sr. Trade Analyst
Seeking an experienced and motivated Trade associate who will ensure that A&F conforms to the regulations governing international trade. The candidate should be familiar with the Entry Process, Classification, Country of Origin, Free Trade Agreements, Valuation, Broker Responsibilities, Marking, Duty Drawback, and other subjects pertinent to an importer or exporter responsibilities.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Determine the proper tariff classification of wearing apparel and accessories per the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) for multiple customs jurisdictions. Ability to analyze and interpret HTS, and research government publications to determine the financial impact of duty rates on products.
- Manage the facilitation of trade documentation, including translations and rulings, and trade related compliance activities, set-up record keeping and liaise with government officials.
- Lead the Trade Operations team to ensure a standardized approach in transactions, audit, strategy, and government inter-relationships.
- Ensure compliant daily trade operations. Manage customs brokerage service providers with strategic guidance to maintain high performance standard.
- Research and optimize trade operation process, monitor trade regulatory changes, identify trade business risks and process gaps. Continuously explore and develop opportunities on trusted trader program, preferential Free Trade Agreements, and lean process flows.
- Ensure interactive communications with both internal and external trade and supply chain partners for daily operation, trouble shooting, and process optimization.
- Responsible for post transactional compliance audits and review.
- Coordinate corrections to transactions with local custom broker(s).
- Manage trade statistics analysis, tracking and reporting.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Four year degree required. Business, International Trade or Supply Chain major preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of import and export regulations for U.S., preferably with some international Customs experience.
- Ability to professionally communicate with management and government officials.
- Ability to work with both local and international teams in a fast paced and high standard environment.
- Proficient user of MS Suite programs.
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred.
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER