Director, Trade Compliance (Remote)
Title: Director, Trade Compliance (Remote)
Job Function: Materials and Procurement
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent - wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work. Remote employees are expected to have a dedicated, quiet and distraction-free work space and an internet connection that’s sufficient for completing their job remotely.
The Director of Global Trade Compliance is responsible for leading all aspects of Harley-Davidson’s Trade Program. This includes oversight of customs compliance and regulatory activities associated with importing and exporting goods. This role leads a team of subject matter experts in the areas of import/export procedures, duty and tariff classifications, FTZ administration, and other trade-related compliance requirements. While ensuring a strong compliance position, the Director will define the long-term strategic roadmap for the Global Trade function, grow the functional capabilities, and act as an enabler for commercial growth. The successful candidate will leverage extensive expertise and knowledge of all relevant import/export regulations, business practices, and processes to facilitate a successful global trade program.
- Create and execute a strategic vision for compliance and lead strategic projects and initiatives relating to the trade compliance function.
- Identifying optimization opportunities related to free trade agreement preferential duty treatment and other tariff programs.
- Educate and effect change in the organization in the trade compliance space and beyond, implement and enforce standards.
- Analyze import and export activity reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the import and export operations process, and report out on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Customs and Border agencies, leverage those relationships to contribute to trade policy proactively to facilitate trade in global markets.
- Lead and develop a multi-national team of corporate and regional trade compliance professionals to create a sustainable competitive advantage through a global trade capability.
- Contribute to larger functional and company strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years related experience. Minimum of 5 years of management experience. Strong communication, critical thinking, relationship management, and project management skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the company including senior management and staff, including simplifying complex topics
- Strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines and their application
- Ability to act quickly and decisively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and digest complex scenarios to identify relevant issues and risks, propose solutions that take into consideration the relevant business objectives, and communicate those issues, risks, and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions and influence change
- Experience implementing and managing an effective Global Trade Management system
- Hunger for knowledge and tenacity to tirelessly improve
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Pay Range: 142,000 - 228,300
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance