Senior Analyst, Transportation
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
OptiFreight® Logistics is an undisputed industry leader in delivering savings via third-party freight management. Annually, OptiFreight® manages over 20 million shipments for over 2,000 customers, generating collective savings of $535M. OptiFreight® has begun to expand our footprint to incorporate Same Day / Courier as well as other modalities of transportation management. Our goal is to offer full suite transportation management to cover ALL transportation needs of healthcare providers. Our proven methods and innovation have led to unique volume-driving capabilities to that support the ability to drive capture and mange more shipments and freight spend than anyone in this space. Ultimately, our ability to deliver value comes through people (highly consultative), scale (breadth of experience and shipments managed), and insights (data driven actions that lead to value).
Location: Remote role
- Supporting pharmaceutical & medical customers within same day & next day transportation model.
- Responsible for proactively handling customer, shipper, and carrier service requests and related inquiries.
- Ensure that all planned service activities are entered in the appropriate technology and assigned / dispatched to the appropriate carrier service provider.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for carrier service providers for all questions regarding routing, service expectations, and successfully completing transportation requests
- Monitors the status of all planned activities and proactively contacts carrier service providers to resolve pickup or delivery issues
- Proactively communicates with customers to create awareness about potential service disruptions and communicate details about recovery plans
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on relevant data and metrics as needed or requested
- Works with business leadership to define, develop, implement, and continually improve business processes and technology that are necessary
- Assists with other tasks or projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years experience in transportation planning or shipping activities preferred
- Prior experience working in freight brokerage company or transportation industry preferred
- Experience or knowledge working within TMS (Transportation Management System)
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Prior customer service or support experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.