International Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
The International Trade specialist oversees their company's compliance with all international laws and regulations regarding global trade requirements and oversees the process of a company's importing and exporting of products.
- Monitor global import/export regulatory and procedural changes and clearly communicate and document those guidelines.
- Review and approve all transportation carriers being used by PICS, and maintain all POA's, insurance certificates, and SAFER records for carriers.
- Oversee export compliance activity associated with compliance to US and International Export Regulations, with focus on BIS and OFAC Regulations.
- Assist in maintaining accurate product Export and Import classifications, ECCN, HTS and Sched B codes, etc., Maintains export licensing databases within the ERP systems relating to classification of commodities, software and technologies
- Oversee the management of relationships and agreements with third parties including Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers and other parties involved in the import and export process.
- Maintain an active role with export shipment transactions. Develop a close and active working relationship with other department personnel (accounting, sales, shipping) to ensure trade compliance.
- Manage Export Compliance Program under applicable laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), and applicable international laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to co-workers in their day-to-day compliance matters, including customer and transaction screening, ECCN classification, end-use/user restrictions, sanctions, export license determinations, anti-boycott reviews, and license applications.
- Experience submitting Electronic Export Information (EEI) filing
- Liaison among carriers, forwarders, logistics, vendors and customers and partner with logistics to ensure shipments deliver in timely manner.
- Interact with US Customs, other trade authorities, and company management on trade compliance matters, as necessary.
- Attend import/export training courses annually to stay current with regulatory changes.
- Identify and report to Leadership and/or other management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR) of the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Regulations, U.S. Census Bureau of the Office of the U.S. Department of Commerce regulations, US Customs regulations, and other applicable International Export rules and regulations.
- Experience in export compliance within a business-to-business environment.
- Experience with SNAP-R and AES (Automated Export System).
- Experience with government entity lists and screening.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an international high-tech customer sales/service or an international supply chain environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.