Global Trade Control Specialist
Full Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Trade Control Specialist based out of Hazelwood, MO (or one of the other locations listed).
Join the exciting profession of Trade Compliance at Boeing, supporting the St. Louis Fighter Programs. We are seeking an experienced Trade Control Specialist (Level 3) to join our Export team. You will collaborate with the business to understand their requirements; develop tailored trade compliance strategies & solutions that enable compliant execution to their business plans; and draft export authorization applications that are submitted to the United States government agencies.
- Conducts global regulatory and statutory trade control requirements, interpretation and impact analysis. Identifies, documents, develops, plans and executes solutions in support of enterprise compliance risk management objectives.
- Researches and identifies regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Develops and deploys enterprise processes and procedures and identifies potential implications to business objectives and future opportunities.
- Interfaces and provides comprehensive regulatory solutions to key stakeholders to enhance strategic alliances.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years of experience with writing trade control authorities/export-import licensing
- 2+ of experience working with the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- 2+ years of experience using professional written and verbal communication skills to achieve deliverables
- 2+ years of experience in Global Trade Controls interpretation or analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (Business, Law, International Business, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship?
- 5+ years of experience in a role where meticulous attention to detail, with emphasis on accuracy and quality was paramount
- 5+ years of experience managing & organizing multiple deliverables and deadlines with minimal direction
- 5+ years of experience teaching others and leading training activities
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a non-union represented position.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: Min: 80,000 – Max: 100,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.