International Trade Specialist
Now is the time to be part of the Missouri Department of Economic Development’s (DED) International Marketing Team!
Your success is Missouri’s success!
- Actively engage with and provide technical assistance to Missouri firms on export regulations, exchange rates, tariffs/duties, export licensing, customs documentation, and other export specific and/or government-controlled issues in order to extend the competitiveness of Missouri products in foreign markets
- Provide communities and trade-related community groups with advisory assistance concerning trade development projects, trade promotion activities and available local, state and federal resources
- Recruit buyers and buyers groups from foreign countries by developing itineraries, scheduling meetings and providing contacts with Missouri suppliers and exporters
- Engage the Trade Specialists on all team activities, to include market intelligence and briefings, trade and marketing events, team reports, and client meetings
- Research, evaluate and prepare customized presentations and international market research reports on global economic conditions, trends and industry specific opportunities
- Liaise with assigned foreign office to support the operations and client services of Missouri’s global office network
- Coordinate the required content for the annual foreign office marketing plan; provide preliminary approval and submission of the annual foreign office contract compliance report
- Work with industry leaders, organizations, companies and academic institutions to facilitate the growth of specific industry sectors both domestically and internationally
- Attend meetings of foreign and domestic trade associations to discuss and promote the state and its products
- Cooperate and coordinate with other state and federal agencies in promoting Missouri’s participation in international trade events
- Initiate, organize, manage and/or participate in trade shows, trade missions, impact and marketing trips, and promotional campaigns designed to cultivate and develop new business opportunities
- Prepare international marketing plans and export development plans tailored to a company's needs
- Review and assess information from periodicals, trade publications, computer data banks and other available sources regarding potential markets and trade opportunities
- Participate in the business negotiation process; assist with the completion of necessary paperwork on behalf of clients
- Plan and schedule work activities to achieve established goals
- Prepare and submit activity reports
- Perform other related work as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with international trade, export promotion or international business and marketing activities and/or grant or program administration
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found here.
If you have questions about this position please contact DED Human Resources at HRHelpdesk@ded.mo.gov.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.