Global Logistics Manager
Full Job Description
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The primary purpose of this position is to support on-time delivery of products in a cost effective manner.
What You'll be Doing:
- Carrier selection and performance management to meet 100% on-time promotion and 99% on-time replenishment.
- Vendor Management to support on-time shipping and arrival.
- Executing against supply chain plans at lowest transportation cost while maintaining on-time service.
- Manage carriers to 99% or greater on-time performance.
- Facilitate timely and accurate freight bill payment.
- Efficiently coordinate in-bound deliveries from global origins to distribution centers; support distribution centers' operational goals.
- Lead team in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- Leading team in achieving operational excellence while developing future supply chain leaders.
- Stay current in profession, and develop and implement new ideas.
- Collaborate with peers across the function and lead initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage external business relationships in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing a supply chain or logistics team.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, database reporting tools and Lean Logistics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work through cross-functional challenges while problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to use time effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to set and carry out priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be action oriented and not concerned about acting in situations where there may not be exact clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to both small nuances and complex situations in a way to figure out the process necessary to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to work with mathematical constructs.
- Demonstrated effective planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to measure performance standards against goals and evaluate results.
- Demonstrated ability to marshal resources to get things done. Demonstrated ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated skill to design practices, protocol, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business work as it relates to supply chain operations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.