Associate Trade Compliance Specialist Job
Situation in Organization
Reports to Arkema Inc. Customs and Export Compliance Manager under the Supply Chain Organization ; This position does not have any direct reports.
This position supports Arkema and affiliates (Bostik, Coatex, ArrMaz…) in the US.
- Management of day-to-day import and export activities and related administrative tasks;
- Management of customs services providers;
- Management of customs data;
- Risk mitigation and customs optimization;
- Customs insight to stakeholders;
- Management of customs systems and data repositories
- Providing assistance to Business Unit and all Arkema affiliates related to International, Export and Import compliance
- Implementing and supporting any activity related to the American Chemistry Council responsible care management system and security elements
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Ensure preparation and transmission of all necessary documentation to customs brokers for each shipment according to the relevant legislation including post summary correction, protest filing and others administrative functions related to import operations (10%)
- Liaise with internal users and external services providers (customs brokers, freight forwarders) in order to resolve issues in a timely manner to avoid border-crossing delays (5%)
- Implement reliable determination and maintenance processes for customs data: HS classification, ECCN classification; preferential/non-preferential countries of origin; denied parties and embargoed countries lists (10%);
- Monitor compliance blocks in SAP and release sales orders after screening (10%)
- Monitor performance of customs brokers and promote continuous improvement (5%)
- Provide guidance and assistance to internal users in the area of customs and trade compliance (review of sales/purchase contracts, implementation of new flows) (10%)
- Participate in setup and updates of customs systems and data repositories (10%)
- Provide assistance in customs audits in coordination with the Corporate Customs Network (10%)
- Implement and update customs procedures and create customs reports in coordination with the Corporate Customs Organization (10%)
- Facilitate customs and security/safety certifications (C-TPAT, AEO) in cooperation with the relevant domains (5%)
- Manage Export Activities related to proper export classification, license determination, Export audits, export route transactions (10%)
- Conduct export/import training (5%)
Context & Environment
The primary mission of the Associate Trade Compliance Specialist is to ensure that Arkema subsidiaries operate in compliance with all legal requirements and with Arkema’s internal policies and procedures related to customs and international trade. The Associate Trade Compliance Specialist will also ensure that all shipments move in and out promptly and will minimize risks of border-crossing disruptions. Finally, the Associate Trade Compliance Specialist will contribute to optimizing customs operations (delivery times and duty savings).
This position is a staff position within the Regional Supply Chain Division managing the North America Region including but not limited to Customs and Export regulatory compliance for Arkema Group.
This position will interact with internal stakeholders on routine global trade control matters.
Required Education / Qualifications / Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or CCS Certified Customs Specialist or CCE Certified Export Specialist or equivalent work experience and minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with trade compliance
- Practical knowledge of HS/ECCN classification and origin determination methodologies;
- Knowledge on 19 CFR and EAR regulations
- Knowledge on Incoterms
- Customs broker license is a plus;
- SAP GTS (Global Trade System) knowledge is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application
- Fluent English in writing and speaking is mandatory; Spanish is a plus
- Strong problem-solving ability;
- Continuous improvement mind set;
- Experienced and comfortable providing training in person or via virtual methods
- Supply chain / logistics subject matter expertise is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with time-critical deadlines
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn and utilize various software platforms.
- Chemical or Customs Broker/Freight Forwarder Experience
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €9.5 billion ($10.6 billion) in 2021, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management. The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.