Compliance Specialist III
Full Job Description
We heard you knock!
Masonite is growing our Global Trade and Customs Team. The Global Trade and Customs Team is responsible for Masonite's trade policies, procedures, systems, special programs (supply chain security, Lacey, forced labor), broker/forwarder management and duty reduction programs.
Currently we are looking for an experienced trade data specialist to support trade data set up, maintenance and automation. Our ideal candidate would be skilled in the core functions of trade such as classification (HTS,ECCN), valuation, origin determination, free trade agreement qualification and solicitation. This position will function as subject matter in these areas and will work closely with other functions and departments within the organization such as Sourcing, Finance, Engineering, Operations, and Legal to ensure reasonable care. This role will report to the Manager of Global Trade Data
- Research, summarize and provide strategic insights regarding Global Trade processes, policies, and regulations as it relates to Trade Data
- Identify & execute opportunities to increase bandwidth through automation and streamlining of business processes
- Automated Classification, Origin Determination, Business Analytics, Landed Cost Modeling
- HTS Classification and Country of Origin determination as well as support Masonite’s Free Trade Agreement and Special Trade program operations
- Use product descriptions and technical data to determine correct classification of goods being imported or exported. Develop and retain audit trails to support the classification assigned and update classification database system. Respond to daily classification inquiries from customs brokers, government agencies, customers, and vendors.
- Provide direction related to rules of origin for country of origin determination, reporting, and product marking. Assist in the qualification, solicitation, and use of preferential related to free trade agreements.
- Determine if additional duties or fees apply (ADD/CVD, 301, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Canadian Border Services Agency, and other Customs agencies.
- Prepare Binding Ruling requests for submission to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Respond to Customs CF 28/29 related to Trade Data inquiries
- Develop post entry documentation and data to support any free-trade agreement claims or to resolve any compliance issues.
- Execute audits for Masonite’s trade data. Based on results from those audits, assist in the development of a robust action item plan to address any exceptions found.
- Support the monitoring, maintenance, and retention of records and documentation related to Trade Data in accordance with local regulations and Masonite’s internal policy.
- Complete special projects as needed including preparations of executive level presentations
- Develop appropriate documentation, training modules, and job aids to deliver training and instruction to internal and external parties involved with or affected by Customs and Trade issues.
- In-depth review of complex legal regulatory documents to successfully address and respond to questions or issues identified by internal and external parties.
- Participate in the development and publishing of internal and external manuals related to import and export requirements.
- Travel as needed (< 10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or equivalent professional experience
- Import Operations experience
- Country of Origin Assignment and Free Trade Agreement Qualifications
- Import/Export Compliance Audit Programs
- Classification (HTS - Harmonized Tariff Schedule, ECCN- Export Control Classification Number)
- Experience filing for CBP Rulings
- Experience responding to CBP request for information (CF28s)
- Strong analytical skills with regards to financial analysis, data manipulation, and the ability to create actionable information from data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality results
- Direct experience with and use of the U.S. Customs Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) on-line portal.
- Experience with Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), Importer Self-Assessment (ISA), Focused Assessment Audits, is highly desired for this position.
- Licensed Customs Broker or equivalent work experience
Open to extraordinary!
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Remote
Your application has been successfully submitted.