Air Import Forwarding Agent
Full Job Description
To provide customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and shipment processing in order to ensure timely movement of freight/cargo.
Work Location: Onsite- Gardena, CA
Work Shift: 7am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday
- Provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with customers' front line personnel in the various operating divisions and subsidiaries.
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (agents and clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to transportation.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight.
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers' service requirements.
- Resolve banking and letter of credit problems.
- Advise customers on payment terms.
- Resolve billing issues and ensure that invoicing and vendor payments are billed accurately.
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files.
- Develop rates and/or provide quotes for the movement of freight.
- Resolve billing issues on customer's behalf.
- Generate special manual reports to meet customer’s needs.
- Ensure all communication with internal and external customers is updated timely
- Responsible for freight forwarding functions, which consist of: coordinating customer booking requests, setting-up new shipper, assisting with restricted articles submission, etc.
- Complete import/export documentation in accordance with international trade regulations.
- Engage with clients related to billing disputes, status of shipments, developing new lanes, improving service, etc.
- Dispatch carriers to pick up at CFS, FTN and customer related distribution centers
- Track and trace functions, including entry of all milestones and exceptions.
- Work all iServe cases.
- Coordinate oversized and out of gauge shipments.
- Handle Hazmat shipment
- The incumbent(s) of this position is expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong cust svc, organizational, and communication (written/oral) skills.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding or logistic required.
- Working knowledge of air export regulations, if appropriate, related to export and Schedule B tariff classification.
- Banking requirements for international trade
- Regulations regarding dangerous goods shipping & foreign regulations.
- Familiarity with handling hazardous materials
- Knowledge of regulations for import/export related to DOT.
- Basic math skills for conversions to metric and currency evaluations.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in freight forwarding or logistics or work/field experience.
Posting Date: 2022-07-25
Job Posting End Date: 2022-08-15
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.
Your application has been successfully submitted.