SATCOM International Trade Specialist (Senior)
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a senior SATCOM International Trade Specialist professional to support international engagements for the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. International engagements may include Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Cooperative Development of the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) space and ground system. MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a senior SATCOM International Trade Specialist with MTSI you will provide support for international engagements for the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program. International engagements may include Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Cooperative Development of the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) space and ground system. MUOS is a United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Space Systems Command (SSC) for procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified above independently.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Support international engagements for the NBSC programs.
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities.
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results.
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation.
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM.
- Knowledge of engineering and logistics impacts potential international partners.
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or related agencies.
- Knowledge of government regulations including the Arms Export Control Act (ACEA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Prepare briefs and documentation supporting international engagements for NBSC programs.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS).
- Relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience in SATCOM/MUOS.
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government program office.
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language (XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation.
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e., Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612 Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives).
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university.
- Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS with travel when required.
- You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States.
- Candidate must have active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.