Customs Compliance Administrator
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Primary contact for all day to day activities relating to import/export between Canada, U.S, and Mexico and for compliance with customs requirements including maintenance of USMCA and C-TPAT program. Support International Export activities in various aspects of order entry/management, auditing activities, routing guide maintenance, etc.
Negotiation, Process Knowledge, and Strategic Sourcing
- Train plants and DC’s on compliance, documentation accuracy and customs paperwork preparation
- USMCA maintenance – U.S, Canada, Mexico
- Maintain procedure manual for all import activities and support compliance team
- Drive all activities as laid out in the procedures manual
- Monitor and support audit of customs documents for all US/Canada and US/ Mexico border crossings
- Submit documents for post entry to broker
Customer Service Management & Supplier Management
- Key contact for day to day relationship with Customs Broker
Systems and Application Acumen & Data and Financial Analysis
- Customs Broker Invoice monitoring and Duty drawback
- Key contact with RPC Regulatory/Compliance Dept. for International documentation compliance of destination countries. This includes interaction with governing bodies of USDA, FDA and those of the importing countries
- Maintenance and distribution of Schedule B classification files
- Key contact for day to day U.S. & Canada and US/Mexico border cross activity and
- Maintenance of C-TPAT program
- Generation of certificate and documents working with AMS/APHIS/CFS
- Bachelor’s degree required (Logistics preferred)
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in US/Canadian US/Mexican customs
- Minimum 3 years Logistic or transportation experience
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and managing skills
- Effective conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.