Dir, Global Operational Account, Air Freight
Dir, Global Operational Account, Air Freight, (GLOBAL REMOTE)
The Global Revenue Management Air Freight function is responsible to generate profitable new airfreight volumes focusing on both, top line revenue and bottom-line profit. The goal is to achieve above market growth on global level implementing the new airfreight growth strategy to drive continuous success. Revenue Management is responsible to achieve an optimized mix of industries and various customer segments. Its core focus is to identify new airfreight products as well as key industry solutions to continuously enhancing the airfreight product portfolio. Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervise airfreight operations globally for appointed Account
- Build a strong relationship with the Accounts, understand their business model in order to offer and implement tailor made solutions
- Have a very good understanding of the global airfreight network of DB Schenker in order to drive improvement and efficiency programs to the benefit of the Account and DB Schenker
- Manage all operational processes related to the Accounts, lead implementation of new processes, supervision of execution on a global level
- Implementing global customized operational solutions
- Pro-actively driving these new processes and innovation initiatives into the operational setup Deliverables & Achievables:
- Managing key accounts on operational level
- Implementing new business and manage operation duties on global account level
- Continuous improvement of all operational processes related to the named account
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- Several years of work experience in airfreight freight forwarding commercial roles
- Strong operational airfreight expertise of minimum +10 years
- Strong understanding of the global airfreight market
- Strong team player
- Very good to excellent IT-Skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
- Commercial mindset and proactive approach to customer business solutions
- Passionate in delivering excellent results through new solutions and ideas
- Open minded, solution oriented, attention to detail, decisive, team player
- Experience in operational Account Management, Implementation of new accounts and continuous process improvements The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Your application has been successfully submitted.