Global Trade Processor
Full Job Description
Ashland LLCAre you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Global Trade Processor, to join our business at the Dublin, Ohio location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the global logistics function. This position will report to the International Logistics Supervisor.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute shipments between North America and partners in assigned regions
- Develop and administer necessary documentation to facilitate shipping and customs clearance, globally
- Work with Ashland's planning, manufacturing and commercial teams to solve problems and meet business requirements
- Work collegially with forwarders, brokers, carriers, warehouses and other service providers to meet requirements of international customers
- Be a source of guidance and information for overseas colleagues as they seek to understand shipping environment and solve specific problems
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Hands on experience using SAP in a global enterprise
- Experience in the chemical industry strongly preferred
- Actively contribute to the organizational goals by taking initiative, executing on goals and focusing on performance and safety
- Improve the organization capacity and capabilities through building collaborative relationships, optimizing diverse talent and utilizing positive communications and influence with others
- Demonstrated responsible and ethical behavior at all times
- The ability to help the company drive greater value through understanding the business, making complex decisions and creating the new and different
Perks of working at Ashland:
- Comprehensive Benefit package, Medical, Dental and Vision starting on Day 1 for you AND your family
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Referral bonus plan – get a job with us and get paid to refer your friends
- Supporting work/life balance, we offer Flexible office location – Remote/Hybrid
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.