Foreign Trade Zone Analyst
Full Job Description
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a qualified FTZ Analyst to join our growing Global Trade Compliance team. This position requires an experienced professional with good working knowledge and experience in the area of U.S. Foreign Trade Zones, Import & Export Compliance (U.S. and Int'l). We are looking for an outstanding individual who possesses ambition, integrity, personal accountability, a high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude, and a passion for import/export compliance and customer service.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You Will:
- Act as the local FTZ site's primary on-site point of contact for interfacing with local Customs (e.g., audits, inspections) authorities to resolve issues effectively and timely.
- Assist with maintaining, implementing, and enforcing the required procedures to ensure compliance by all relevant parties to all required FTZ operational practices and protocols.
- Working with key internal and external partners, assist with performing routine system and operational audits to help ensure that Lucid's compliance with FTZ operational requirements is maintained at all times and report findings. Perform root cause analysis, then assist with developing and implementing corrective action plans and monitor progress.
- Assist with the oversight and management of all FTZ record-keeping requirements.
- Provide oversight and support to the Inventory Control team, Lucid's contracted FTZ Managed Services provider, and Lucid's FTZ software provider to ensure all of Lucid's FTZ reporting activities are timely and compliant.
- Assist with training key local Lucid personnel on FTZ activities where required.
- Provide any other support to the FTZ Program Manager and Trade Compliance team, as needed.
- You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, International Business or a related field, or Associates Degree with relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- 3+ years of solid experience working in a dynamic Global Trade Compliance environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of FTZ administration experience.
- FTZ experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience working with or for a Customs Broker is preferred.
- General understanding and working experience with section 19 CFR Part 146.
Your application has been successfully submitted.