Senior Specialist, Customs & Marine Operations
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
Fisker Inc. is looking for a passionate Senior Specialist, Customs & Marine Operations, to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director, Logistics and Transportation, this role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with global customs filings, duty requirements, and international trade law. Further, this role will be responsible for the marine operations for Finished Vehicle Logistics (FVL) on both Roll On Roll Off (RORO) vessels and traditional container vessels. This role will work closely with stakeholders in vehicle logistics to strengthen the network of Fisker’s distribution.
- Remain knowledgeable on current and newly established global import and export regulations/laws
- Make accurate and time efficient declarations, working with colleagues to reduce requirement for manual data entry, and reduce the potential for human error
- Prepare, store, and submit proper and timely filings for all required customs documentations
- Ensure duties are paid correctly and timely
- Maintain relationship with CBP, customs brokers, and vessel line management
- Knowledge of Free Trade Zone requirements
- Communicate to stakeholders when vehicles have cleared necessary customs protocols and are ready for shipment
- Ensure cargo is released and ready for shipment upon arrival at port of origin/destination
- Coordinate with vessel lines to ensure sufficient capacity is arranged for produced volume from the factory
- Oversee inspections at origin port, onboard, and at destination port
- Ensure stevedore labor is sufficient for loading and unloading
- Monitor shipping schedules and communicate vessel timing and capacity with handover agent and destination ports
- Consistently explore extra capacity or earlier shipment opportunities if contracted vessel capacity is not sufficient
- Ensure proper lashing and damage free handling by vessel lines and stevedores
- Communicate vessel changes/delays with all stakeholders and coordinate overtime if required
- Liaise with vessel line and vessel agent to ensure Fisker interests are protected
- Explore market for deep sea and short sea opportunities for improved or more efficient service
- Ensure vehicles arrive at origin port with enough lead time to make scheduled vessel
- Design and coordinate stowage plan with vessel line prior to each shipment
- Monitor and enforce established Marine KPIs
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management, international business, or operations management; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Customs Broker License preferred or must be willing to become certified
- Multi-cultural interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English, preferred language skills in German
- Prior experience (5-7 years) of working in logistics/supply chain/ transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with comprehensive knowledge of both marine and customs processes
- High attention to detail to ensure proper classifications are filed
- Deep knowledge of principles for transporting vehicles by rail, road, and sea
- IT systems experience and skills including knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and customer data systems
- Expertise of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including legal requirements is a must
- Advanced skills of MS Office applications, specifically, Excel
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, advanced analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a proactive mindset
- Extensive knowledge on international and domestic customs requirements
- Advanced knowledge of FVL transportation and logistics service providers, specifically customs brokerages and vessel lines
- Understanding of global port and rail infrastructure
- Several years of experience with filing customs documentation
- Advanced knowledge of ACE and CBP systems
- Proficiency with all required customs documentation
- Experience safe vehicle handling and stevedore operations
- Multiple years of interaction with union labor preferred
- Comfort working in face-paced environment
- Confident decision-making ability based on known variables
Preferred Attributes/ Competencies
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from various sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.