Full Job Description
The Import/Export Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of import and export compliance processes for the enterprise. The role will ensure material is properly exported, imported and shipped in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures as well as US Customs Regulations, ITAR and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Analyze import and export documentation for both outgoing and incoming shipments to ensure accuracy as well as overall compliance.
- Ensure proper use and administration of validated DOS and DOC Export Licenses, other USG export authorizations, and Carnets.
- Prepare necessary export documentation (SED, CI, P/L, Carnets etc.) ensuring compliance with US Government regulations as well as corporate policies.
- Track and report status of all exports to ensure smooth transactions and information back to the business. Provide Customs necessary documentation as required.
- Track and maintain records and reports of equipment shipping in support of contractual deliveries, customer demonstrations, trade shows, servicing and repair.
- Support functional groups such as Customer Service, Business Development, Operations, Sales Administration, and Shipping regarding export and import of materials and products.
- Provide freight forwarders all documentation necessary to negotiate and ship in accordance with the terms customer Purchase Order/Contracts
- Provide shipment notifications and pre-alerts as requested to assure timely clearance and receipts for all international shipments.
- Assure all company international shipping activities are done in the most efficient manner possible to minimize costs. Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements to reduce costs of shipments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with the ITAR, EAR, US Customs, HTS, Schedule B, etc
- Experience dealing with freight forwarders, customs brokers, supply chain, purchasing, and logistics with previous experience in creating and reviewing export/import documents
- Customs Broker license preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Demonstrates understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and applicable exemptions/exceptions
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates strong computer skills and proficiency using MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AES filing and AES reporting
- Uses vision to think beyond the immediate situation, explore multiple potential paths, and adapt decision-making style based on the situational circumstances
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain internal and external trusting, professional relationships
- Assesses the degree of risk and opportunity in plans or actions and takes appropriate action to mitigate them or makes plans to build on the opportunity
- Ability to work in an office environment and/or remote (Constant)
- Required to sit and stand for long periods; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard (Frequent)
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Occasionally required to travel within and outside the Continental U.S.
COVID Vaccine Statement
AeroVironment is a U.S. government contractor, and is therefore subject to the September 9, 2021 Presidential Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccines for federal contractors. Consistent with AeroVironment’s commitment to health, safety, and national security, all U.S.-based AeroVironment employees must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19; this means that all new hires located in the United States must provide proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before their start date. At this time, the vaccination requirement applies only to U.S.-based employees; non-U.S. locations will have their own vaccination policies in accordance with applicable law of the non-U.S. jurisdiction.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits : AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits .
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.