Manager, Freight Product Solutions
Join Livingston and its International Freight and Transportation Services group. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Our strategy is focused on aggressively growing and investing in our freight services, and that’s why we need you. Join our freight team and grow your career in this fast-paced team environment as we take on new customers, build new services and move into new trade lanes. The opportunities await you!
Job Type: Full Time
Location: HomeOffice Texas
The Manager, Freight Product Solutions, in conjunction with key stakeholders, is responsible for negotiating commercial terms and implementing procurement agreements with carriers. This role is based on sustained delivery of business results, including supply assurance, cost, quality, service and innovation. This role is for support of the Freight Executives that are currently in place.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with developing and supporting the import/export contracts for Transpac, Transatlantic, North South, and US Drayage markets.
- Help drive the Commercial Strategy through effective Ocean and Trucking Procurement aligned with Local and Global Strategy.
- Collate and provide relevant market and pricing information to the Freight Sales team.
- Aggregate rates within Livingston matrices and work with our established agent networks who will be affiliated to our contracts.
- Maintain and develop relationships within the Livingston US and Canadian Operations offices as well as external providers; to include face to face carrier meetings and contract negotiation.
- Develop and build solid relationships with carriers, at all levels, seeking best fit with the Global Carrier Management strategy.
- Analyze market conditions to help facilitate deal-making and enable proactive guidance of the Commercial organization.
- Work directly with ocean and trucking carriers alongside Freight executives to continue to develop lanes.
- Take an active role to prepare and conduct supplier review meetings.
- Understand agreed service levels, relevant KPIs, and be closely involved in monitoring and delivery of agreed SLAs.
- Present quarterly KPI rankings to air, ocean, and trucking carriers.
- Secure the necessary rates and space agreements direct from air, ocean, and trucking carriers.
- Partner with Freight Executives to monitor and ensure carrier and customer commitments are met.
- Collaborate with the Freight Executives through Livingston operations to work directly with carrier, direct hauler, and rail suppliers, as necessary, to ensure customer requirements can be met, or exceeded.
- Build market and product knowledge and devise a communication plan to ensure that market intelligence is shared with colleagues and the wider business.
- Build a strong and effective internal network within Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific, North South, and US Trucking, at origin and destination.
- Manage ocean carrier GRI/PSS changes, SPOT contracted pricing increases/decreases, set and monitor performance driven objectives and KPIs.
- Responsible for active solicitation for Freight Executives.
- Only responsible for rates and procurement for US Freight Executives. General rates for business not related to the Freight group still procures through normal Livingston channels.
- Create Livingston branded spot rate quotations at the discretion of Freight Executives.
- Work with Freight Executives on RFQ/RFP bids.
- As required, join the commercial teams on client visits to get a better understanding of client needs, explain market conditions and act as a subject matter expert regarding the Ocean product.
- Attend internal Commercial meetings to represent the Procurement team as required.
- Develop expertise in carrier services and use this product expertise to work with the Commercial teams to help present value propositions that enable us to win new and retain existing business.
- To help develop and deliver presentations to clients and internal colleagues as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Extensive understanding of freight services and/or products.
- Ability to anticipate market changes and determine reactions to change.
- Strong understanding of mathematics, accounting, and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external networks.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
5 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.