New York - Marine Operations
New York, NY, US
14 days ago
Requisition ID: 1288
APPLYTO NEW YORK - MARINE OPERATIONS Salary Range:
$45,000.00 Annually Onwards
Mediterranean Shipping Company is searching for the right candidate to join our Marine Operations division in New York.
- Create, implement, and maintain reports used to track patterns and trends for Marine Operations
- Front-line problem solving for all issues resulting from operational misreporting
- Liaison between Operations personnel, vessel planners, and other departments seeking answers and/or information
- Escalate unique or complex issues to the appropriate supervisor for resolution when necessary
- Provide feedback regarding current corporate practices and metrics in order to support process efficiencies
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (a must)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (a must)
- Experience working in an international environment, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment and problem solving abilities
- Team Player with professional attitude
- Resilient and proactive attitude with passion to succeed and learn
- Dynamic, goal oriented and proactive
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off (vacation days + pto days + sick days)
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance: one-time annual salary up to $50,000
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Pregnancy Disability Leave & Parental Leave
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - (Health, Dependent Care, Transit/Parking)
- Supplemental Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Plans
You will also have access to additional benefits, effective day one:
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan – 3% Safe Harbor Contribution with option for additional 3% employer match.
- Wellness Program initiatives
- Partner Discount Programs
We currently have a hybrid schedule. On-site presence will be required once it is safe to do so.
Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) is a global leader in transportation and logistics, privately owned and founded in 1970 by Gianluigi Aponte. The company has evolved from a one vessel operation into a globally respected business with a 700-vessel fleet and over 110,000 staff providing timely delivery of goods and services to customers of all industries and sizes. Present in 155 countries through 600 offices, MSC calls at 500 ports on 250+ trade routes, carrying some 23 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units) annually. MSC’s activities now include overland transportation, logistics and a growing portfolio of port terminal investments.
Mediterranean Shipping Company (USA) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.