Principal Global Trade Specialist
Full Job Description
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTX), Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) has an outstanding career opportunity to support the RMD Global Trade function. This organization plays a critical role in the successful execution of International Contracts and allows programs to remain compliant with the U.S. Government in all our global business transactions. This opportunity provides exposure and visibility in the field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global growth and success.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA, Tucson, AZ or remotely, supporting Front-End Business Operations and Strategy. The Global Trade Principal Specialist position reports to the Global Trade Strategic Partner for the Front-End Business and Strategy and supports multiple Mission Areas and Functions.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal and external customers and collaborating with multiple business units/functions for success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for working with the Global Trade Manager and/or Empowered Official to develop export and import strategies for the business creation, international marketing, sales, support, offsets/localization and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles.
- Applying international trade regulations to real-life situations to enable international business to support programs.
- Developing licensing plans and provides guidance for complex licensing strategy and program planning.
- Being responsible for providing consistent interpretation under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) regulations to Business Unit employees.
- Contributing to preparing, submitting, tracking, obtaining and managing from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations – to include Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLAs) and other export license authorization types by:
- Working closely with government relations to develop export and import strategies that allow for the efficient export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services.
- Ensuring review of the scope of the effort with the applicable functions, stakeholders and the foreign parties prior to submittal,
- Obtaining signed documentation from foreign parties (e.g., DSP-83s, ITAR NDAs, TCPs, FCPs etc.) as applicable,
- Providing status updates to the program and capture management and associated leadership for awareness,
- Reviewing materials prior to release and use with external customers and foreign entities,
- Responsible for managing day-to-day support operations with oversight by Global Trade Manager, or Empowered Official, ensuring compliance for all activities under the agreements and licenses, and
- Monitoring authorizations for any changes effecting the authorizations and acting upon knowledge of the change.
- Assuring regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions.
- Contribute to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assisting in identifying compliance concerns to the Global Trade Strategic Partner, by identifying errors, licensing coverage gaps and areas requiring improvement and implementing corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Supporting management in investigating and resolving compliance matters, audits and investigations.
- Being able to handle complex licensing and releasability issues (unclassified and classified) that arise.
- Developing and deliver training as required for employees engaged in international business activities; and
- Acting as a resource for entry-level export/import licensing personnel.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal, or related field.
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience, or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experienced in the Export/Import and International Business framework to include (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, ATF, FAR))
- Experience in international business, contracts, capture/business creation, supply chain or other, relevant discipline(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Some travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Able to obtain DOD security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- 6-8 years of experience in the application of regulations, business creation and strategic growth
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) and export license preparation/administration in high volume environments
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently
- Ability and desire to learn, growth mindset
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively network with multiple business functions for success
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong sense of urgency
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Employee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines Note) to receive the Referral Award
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.