Customs & Foreign Trade Specialist
Freudenberg is a global technology group that strengthens its customers and society long-term through forward-looking innovations. Together with our partners, customers and the world of science, we develop leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for 40 market segments. The Freudenberg Group employs some 50,000 people in around 60 countries worldwide and generates sales of nearly 9 billion euros. We at Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies run the business operations of Freudenberg Sealing Technologies (FST) in the Americas. Being part of the global Freudenberg Group, our company is a leading producer of advanced sealing technologies for automotive and general industries. Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies is a joint venture between Freudenberg and NOK Corp. in Japan, is headquartered in Plymouth, MI, and operates more than 20 facilities with about 4,700 employees across the Americas.
You support our team as
Customs & Foreign Trade Specialist
- Train colleagues and associates in US & Canada Export and Import regulations
- Maintain SAP / GTS data to maximize use of FTA’s (Free Trade Agreements) and maintain system coding at the part level for proper processing
- Solicit suppliers for Country of Origin and classification information
- Provide customers with certification required for duty free shipments
- Responsible for classification of customer quotations to ensure compliance with both company and government regulations
- Insure all material are assigned the correct HTS (Harmonized Tariff Codes) / Schedule B export codes / ECCN codes (Export Control Classification Codes)
- Validate SPL (Sanctioned Party Lists) checks of current and proposed trading partners to ensure company compliance with government regulations
- Ongoing continuous education in Export and Import policies and regulations a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent required. Degree in Export Compliance and or International Business a plus
- Previous experience with CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) requirements, Import / Export / USML / DPAS regulations
- Experience with SAP / GTS module a preferred
- Ability to meet Federal Requirements for submitting registrations and licenses to the relevant government agencies
- SAP / GTS (Global Trade System SAP module)
- Microsoft Office proficient. Experienced with Excel (data base, piviot tables, etc.,)
- Understanding of complex business systems and ability to analyze data
- Communication & Collaboration: Communicates clearly and concisely, while engaging proactively with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Value for Customers: Anticipates, understands and meets internal/external customers’ needs and expectations. Develops solutions based on a customer centric approach.
- Innovation: Drives and supports innovative ideas, while taking informed risks to seek and develop new or improved solutions.
- Drive & Execution: Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes action. Explores new ways and pursues new opportunities.
Save for retirement with the company's help
Diversity & Inclusion
Enter a diversity-driven world of innovation
Insurance: backstop protection against health risks
Training / Career development
Programs to supercharge skills and expertise
Time off to refresh and recharge
The Freudenberg Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants and associates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Nicholas Bailey 248 938 2026 Nicholas.Bailey@fnst.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.