Director of Global Procurement and Logistics
Full Job Description
World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) is looking for a talented team member to oversee and facilitate the purchasing strategy, supervise teams of roving staff in purchasing, operations and logistics, and ensure all employees and processes meet the unique challenges of disaster relief in remote impacted environments. The Director of Global Procurement and Logistics oversees the Global Relief Operation Centers, Supply Chain, Fleet and systems. This position reports to the VP of Relief, and can be based in Washington, DC or Ventura County, California.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire process in the planning of commodities procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly time delays and lost opportunities.
- Adapt and create new systems in unique environments by thinking out of the box in challenging global environments where the traditional supply chain is broken and or not accessible.
- Ensure effective lines of communication, both internally and externally, to ensure timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures in unique challenging environments.
- Introduce process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Oversee and assist with the development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection, and evaluation, quality and performance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required to the VP of Relief and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurements are conducted and properly documented as required, oversee the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFQ, RFP, RFI, Tenders, developing bid evaluation criteria.
- Prepare, review, and execute service delivery contracts, leases and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Manage the Global Facilities Manager, Logistic Manager, Merchandiser, Fleet Manager, Purchasing Team and roving field Procurement/Logistics operation managers.
- B.A. required/Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years project procurement or related management experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to adapt, build and predict in challenging untraditional environments.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and can do attitude, while maintaining quality of standards.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants.
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Google Programs , Microsoft Office programs, IMS programs and GIS.
Application & Cover Letter
This application requires a cover letter that explains your interest in this position and in working for WCK. Please include your letter in one pdf document with your resume.
(For US-based employees) - World Central Kitchen offers competitive compensation and benefits including fully paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents. 403B with WCK matching 50% up to 8% employee salary deferrals. Group life and disability insurance that is 100% employer-sponsored. WCK offers a Responsible/Unlimited Paid Time Off policy.
World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.