Full Job Description
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Tonawanda - US041, IL Itasca - US021, MI Port Huron - US067, MI Taylor MI - US025, TX Houston - US029
The Regulatory Advisor is responsible for managing internal compliance with focus on providing technical expertise and guidance on customs regulations. Core focus on compliance strategy, assisting internal and external clients with the interpretations, guidance, and application of regulations, policies and procedures. This is a remote position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert. This includes but is not limited to:
- Research and interpret customs requirements to advise internal and external clients on correct application.
- Respond and assist internal and external clients with their inquiries or requests; troubleshoot and resolve client’s issues in a timely manner and escalate complex issues or inquiries to the Manager, US Regulatory Affairs. Assist Analysts with escalations.
- Provide guidance and training to internal staff on proper regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain close relationships with government agencies, departments and associations to obtain information and insight to pending legislation and operational process changes.
- Provide guidance and develop training to internal staff on proper compliance requirements.
- Work closely with the operations teams to ensure compliance and on specific projects, when needed.
- Review all agency agreements and regulatory resources to ensure completion and accuracy of information.
- Keep current and up to date by monitoring and analyzing issued technical guides to ensure compliance with regulatory changes. Propose and present recommendations to minimize liability and risk to the business operations and clients to the Regulatory Affairs management team.
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation/user manuals for use by appropriate business unit. Suggest items to review in training business units on new requirements.
- Liaise with various regulatory agencies at the operational level to obtain information of changes to policies and procedures.
- Participate as project team member ensuring Livingston and clients comply with regulatory and procedural requirements.
- Participate as subject matter expert on cross-functional teams as needed
- Create and update departmental and operational policies and procedures, when required.
- Compose clear, concise, and well-cited summaries, policies, papers, etc. to effectively convey regulatory messages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong technical knowledge of customs regulations
- Client service orientation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits.
- Knowledge of company policies/procedures, client data.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with team members and others within the organization.
- Good coaching and team development skills.
- Ability to reflect a professional company image.
- Must be detail-oriented.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Inclusion and Collaboration
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.