Lead Export Transportation Planner
Full Job Description
An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
The Lead Transportation Planner serves as the Team Lead for the International Transportation Planning Department. The primary responsibilities include the daily planning of shipments from multiple locations while ensuring transportation costs are optimized and customer expectations are met. The individual will work closely with the Demand Planning, OverSeas offices, Customer Ops, Shipping and Trade Compliance to understand and drive key performance standards & cost savings opportunities. This position must be able to work in a team environment and will be required to provide direction and mentorship to other members of the staff.
- Leads day-to-day planning and problem-solving and monitors Team performance so the Team meets its required level of service. Serves as primary operational liaison to Supply Chain, Customer Ops, Trade Compliance.
- Review daily load plans to determine feasibility and accuracy for multiple locations - and Audit with established reporting parameters.
- Ability to back fill other Planner functions for multiple locations.
- Work with shipping locations identifying schedule and mode of transportation. Coordinate shipment schedule with warehouse coordinators and carriers. Utilize routing information to create load plans for designated shipping locations which optimize transportation costs.
- Coordinate the consolidation of product from multiple shipping locations.
- Communicate with Over sea’s office and schedule freight carriers providing required documentation for load scheduling.
- Complete freight quotes and routing requests as required. Track and trace shipments as required.
- Perform Oracle Order Management functions, Pick Release and Trip Building functions as needed.
- Assure that all required export documentation is prepared accurately and submitted on-time. Maintain documents required for duty drawback submission and auditing.
- Knowledge of AES filings and monitoring monthly metrics.
- Responsible for training and mentoring the team. Including creating and updating work instructions.
- Complete or assist with other projects as assigned by management.
- 5+ years of transportation or distribution related activities including International Export.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/BA in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Franklin Park, IL
Traffic and Logistics
Your application has been successfully submitted.