Customs Entry Specialist
Full Job Description
Operating since 2004, eShipping delivers complete logistics solutions: All Modes, All Optimized, All Visible. Our comprehensive services and proprietary technology allow for solutions that encompass both people and services for all modes, with full optimization, and complete visibility into client data. Our vision is to be the best transportation management company in the United States by developing complete people ad complete solutions. And we are doing so by serving clients nationwide in the areas of LTL, Truckload, International, Warehousing and Distribution, Parcel, Compliance, and special services such as Domestic, Hot Shot, Expedited, Courier, Rail, and Drayage. To learn more about our people and services, visit www.eShipping.biz.
The Customs Entry Specialist assists a Licensed Customs Broker with performing U.S. Customs Brokerage entries, ISFs, and classification functions for U.S. imported freight. This individual ensures compliance with U.S. CBP and any other government agencies while providing exceptional customer service. This position will offer a hybrid work schedule. Following initial training, three days per week will be worked from our office in Parkville, MO and the other two days can be worked from home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of customs entries, ISFs, and forwarding freight to designated locations; may involve communication with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Communicate documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor
- Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations
- Responsible for filing entries to customs via operating system in a timely and accurate manner under supervision from a Licensed Customs Broker
- File break/down, classifying data entry, photocopying, scanning and assembling of entries
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins
- Prepare and post accurate and timely customer invoices
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Specific Department Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of applicable U.S. Customs laws and regulations
Required Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently while balancing appropriate collaboration with leadership oversight
- Ability to effectively interact with other employees of the organization
- Excellent customer service, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in person and via phone
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain complex and abstract Solutions issues and respond appropriately
- Able to utilize sound, independent judgment and make responsible decisions and recommendations
- Excellent follow-through and detail orientation
- Able to effectively utilize computer programs including Word and Excel and transportation management system
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industry experience preferred but not necessary
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for at least 50% of the time. The employee needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The general level of physical activity would be defined as sedentary. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, telephone, copy machine, and printer. Some movements of the hands, arms, and wrists may involve repetitive motions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, and assess various activities and surroundings.
- Cognitive/Mental Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate simple and complex information, ideas, and information. The employee is also required to use logic to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information, and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations. The employee must use problem-solving skills to formulate and apply appropriate courses of action for routine or familiar situations. The employee may be required to perform numerical operations including basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing or more complex quantitative calculations.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is minimal.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
eShipping LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- What is your preferred email address for communication?
- What is your desired hourly rate?
Work Location: One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.