Customs Compliance Analyst
Full Job Description
Serve as the front line compliance expert for all import purchases to ensure Dollar Tree and Family Dollar remains compliant with all regulations required by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and other governmental agencies. Individual will support day to day operational requirements while being a part of an environment that emphasizes regulatory compliance, continuous training and process improvement.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Classify all Import products
a. Utilizing the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Code of Federal Regulations, ensure all products comply with CBP regulations.
b. Validate/assign duty rates and trade programs to items to allow for proper cost planning.
c. Determine compliance related documentation required for entry into US.
d. Determine the applicability of other government agency requirements and/or documentation.
e. Provide Global Sourcing and Merchants guidance on how to reengineer product to reduce import costs.
f. Ensure cross banner consistency for similar and synergy related items.
2. Request Binding Rulings and contact CBP for product verification.
a. Work with Global Sourcing and Merchants to obtain samples and detailed product background.
b. Write customized Ruling requests.
c. Interact with CEE (Center of Excellence & Expertise) for additional guidance to ensure greatest chance of success.
3. Ensure timely and accurate post entry submissions for all identified Customs entries.
a. Actively facilitate the timely submission of Post Entry Amendments and Protests.
b. Respond to all CF-29 (Notice of Actions) , CF-28 (Request for Information), Informed Compliances and any other post entries inquires from CBP within the required time frame and maintain all records in accordance CBP Rules and Regulations.
c. Enhance and maintain the OS&D program to include timely reporting of variances to CBP for post entry processing as needed.
d. Ensure all paper and electronic documentation is properly stored as per CBP regulations and Record Retention Policy.
e. Continually offer and implement improvements to the post entry audit processes to ensure maximum efficiencies while remaining compliant.
4. Maintain and promote continuous and proactive communication with all departments that affect Customs Compliance.
a. Interface with Global Sourcing and Merchants to provide guidance/training on the latest compliance/trade issues.
b. Research new commodities and regulations to minimize risk & cost while also educating your internal partners.
5. Accountable to provide support on all CTPAT, Trusted Trader and social compliance initiatives.
a. Collaborate with Tar Heel Trading and Yusen Logistics to ensure factory security audits are being conducted and corrective actions plans completed.
b. Support the CTPAT/Trusted Trader program by interfacing with the various internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
c. Review and update related operating procedures to ensure continued compliance with the ever changing regulatory landscape.
6. Ensure compliant movement and clearance of goods shipped to Dollar Tree’s Canada stores.
7. Support Import A/P processes as needed.
8. Keep informed on all changes to CBP regulations to ensure continuous compliance.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
- Bachelors of Science/Administration Degree in related area preferred.
- 2 to 4 years import compliance experience required either in the Customs Brokerage field or corporate retail chain environment.
- Customs Broker License preferred.
Job Related/Technical Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office products to include a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience using the Bamboo Rose PLM software a plus.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal business partners
- Strong written, speaking and presentation skills.
- Availability to work flexible, full-time schedule; approximately 40 - 50 hours/week with minimal travel required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.