Global HRIS Specialist
Global HRIS Specialist - REMOTE
Location: Southfield, MI, US, 48075
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and over 22,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
What You'll Be Doing - The Global HRIS Specialist is a key contributor to the successful execution of the global HRIS roadmap and strategy. This role will provide transformational and operational support for the HR technologies being deployed across the Sun regions/business divisions. This key role will be part of a new team of dynamic HRIS professionals with a focus on modernization of the HR function through simplification and digitization. The role will work closely with the HR systems and analytics manager, HR, cross-functional teams (i.e., IT, legal etc.) to streamline and automate processes, identifying and deliver technology enhancements that are simple, intuitive, compliant with data privacy/security standards (i.e., GDPR) and align with HR’s strategy and objectives.
- Play an integral part in delivering the HRIS strategy and road map that supports and aligns with our business, HR strategy and objectives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the SuccessFactors suite of modules (i.e., recruiting, onboarding, employee central including employee and manager self-service, performance management, succession planning, learning, and reporting). This includes a clear understanding of the organizational structure/position management, business rules, event derivation, foundation objects, role-based permissions, template/route map/workflow configuration. Demonstrating a clear understanding of the system constraints and interdependencies between modules, processes, data, downstream and integrated systems/processes.
- Provide technical support which includes, assessing and resolving technical issues efficiently, escalating or providing interim/alternate solutions appropriately, and working closely with the vendors, technical support team and IT to address and resolve issues timely and accurately.
- Perform on-going system maintenance and administration, which includes reviewing, testing, and implementing system upgrades/releases, foundation objects/picklists/role-based permissions maintenance, business rules/workflow/template configuration and monitoring integrations.
- Work closely with HR systems and analytics manager to implement new modules, system enhancements and/or integrations. This includes translating business requirements to technical specifications, ensuring deliverables and timelines are met, creating and managing the test plan/strategy, configuring new functionality, and ensuring supporting technical documentation (i.e., technical/functional design documents, workbooks, business requirement documents, user/admin guides, process maps etc.) accurately captures changes and new requirements/functionality etc.
- Effectively work with the HR process leads/teams, senior leadership, cross-functional teams (IT, legal, finance etc.), to understand business needs or objectives and identify opportunities for improvement. Provide innovative solutions that addresses inefficiencies, optimizes processes, enhances, and simplifies the user experience by striking a balance between simple, standard, and best practices.
- Ensure the integrity of the system’s organizational structure and data/data flows by performing comprehensive data analysis and audits and working closely with data owners to ensure data is current and accurate. Clearly understand and enforce data standards, data privacy and retention laws/policies (i.e., GDPR) and ensure the system design, system roles/access and data/process flows are aligned appropriately.
- Inspire and champion the efficient usage of the technology through delivering continuous and comprehensive training to end-users. Effectively adapting the training (i.e., user guides, quick tips, instructor-led, recordings etc.) based on the audience, functionality, process, and workflow being addressed.
- Frequently explore HR technology trends. Identify trends in artificial intelligence, data and analysis, automation etc. that would benefit the business and align with our objectives (i.e., decrease cost, streamline a process, increase productivity, attract/retain talent etc.). Work closely with the HR systems and analytics manager to develop business cases that supports the shift towards the technology advances and gains senior leadership/stakeholder buy-in.
- Generate reports/queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Support annualized HR processes (i.e., performance and compensation cycles etc.) and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Information Systems, HR, Business, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years HR Information Systems experience including employee data management, HR analytics and enterprise architecture.
- Strong experience in SAP SuccessFactors (i.e., performance/goal management, succession planning, learning, recruiting, onboarding, reporting, employee central including employee and manager self-service) or similar HCM/HRIS solution required.
- Knowledge of HR processes required.
- Ability to work in a complex working environment and handle competing priorities from the business effectively.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions to issues that arise.
- Strong core proficiencies in problem solving, client-service focus and innovation; excited by change and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Language skills besides English is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Sun Chemical's policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.