Freight Forwarder, Import & Export
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Boston, McClellan Hwy
Division: Air & Sea
Job Posting Title: Freight Forwarder, Import & Export
Time Type: Full Time
Freight Forwarder – DSV Air & Sea, Inc.
DSV Air & Sea is one the largest international logistics and transportation companies in the world, and we are in search of a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver high quality customer service and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced position, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Freight Forwarder works closely with clients and internal team members in this key role which is the crux of our business. At DSV, we are always in search of top talent! Our Aerospace Division branch office in Boston has openings for freight forwarders to handle Air Export and Air Import and we are looking to hire the right candidates, right now.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Effectively schedule air bookings for international shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork accurately
- Process data through the Company’s system working with air, ocean and trucking companies
- Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
- Compose complex emails regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of international freight forwarding services: cargo movement and scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to respond with urgency and take proper corrective action if there is a problem
- Excellentcommunication skills, both written and verbal
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.