Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Date: Aug 2, 2022
Location: Remote Employee US, NH, US
Company: Celestica International Inc.
Req ID: 106310
State/Province: New Hampshire
City: Remote Employee US
Provides direct and indirect supervision to subordinate managers and employees performing diverse roles within large sites. This includes establishing three- to five-year plans/objectives, and developing policies for the function/unit. Accountable for projects or programs on a multi-functional, national, or regional basis. Work is guided by broad site objectives and corporate policy. Work requires developing solutions, precedents, and/or policies. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and sets goals to achieve objectives. Establishes long-term plans/objectives and recommends changes to policies. Develops department budgets and goals. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in critical delay in schedules and/or unit operation and may also have a company-wide affect. Provides direct supervision to others, or indirect through subordinate supervisors, and coordinates the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees. Reviews employees’ performance and recommends employee compensation; coaches for improved performance and disciplines as necessary. Provides final approval for subordinate managers’/supervisors’ salary and performance recommendations. Builds cross-functional relationships where persuasive skills, negotiation skills, and considerable tact are required to gain support. Interacts regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Maintains positive relationships with key customers, suppliers, etc., who have a significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Maintains responsibility for management of materials availability to support build plans throughout the product life cycle for a specific business unit or customer set.
- Provides leadership in designing the supplier portion of the materials supply chain to provide optimum flexibility with minimum investment.
- Manages the effort to identify and develop suppliers to meet current and future business needs.
- Leads efforts to reduce material cost and assess/respond to supply risks.
- Manages the administration of all site purchasing contracts and agreements.
- Manages the development of delivery requirements, material plans and short-range capacity plans to meet production schedules and inventory objectives.
- Responsible for customer interface from SCM including relationship management and as focal point for all SCM related issues.
- May be responsible for tracking and driving inventory results for North America working with site GM’s, SCM managers and customer VP/GMs.
- Participates in business process improvements to help achieve inventory targets and maximize return on investment. Works to ensure Celestica is compliant with customs and regulatory laws.
- Negotiates with carriers to support domestic and international air, rail and ocean transport ensuring favorable rates and cycle times for Celestica.
- Directly manages a group of SCM employees including employee training, performance, measurement, development, motivation and recognition.
- Establishes department goals/ measurements and manages resources to achieve this goals.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of global supply chain management, distribution methods, and global transportation services and inventory management.
- Broad knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
- Good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business applications.
- Strong knowledge in all areas of import / export, regulatory and logistics management
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Nine plus years
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Engineering or related field, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Nearest Major Market: Bellows Falls
Nearest Secondary Market: Keene
Your application has been successfully submitted.